East of Eden's set-up plot is indeed a revenge, but the drama ends up dwelling a lot on other political/crime machinations, romantic storylines and birth secrets. I can't say I'm not enjoying it, but I was expecting for the revenge to be more heavily featured and better developed at this point (I'm on episode 35 of 56). I'd still recommend it. Giant, Glass Mask (korean), Nice Guy and the recent Thorn Flower are other examples of revenge dramas.
melodrama wrote: The best revenge drama I've ever seen is Revenge aka Buhwal/Resurrection/Life Again/Rebirth

Whenever I watch just a few scenes from this drama, or listen the soundtrack songs, or just see the pics I feel like something is dying inside of me, my heart is melting&hurting, it affects me from deep deep inside. I could say I feel it in each of my cells :)

i love all Resurrection's ost <3

1. Temptations of a wife (It is amazing!!!! A must watch if you're looking for good ost and plot. I didn't exactly like the end, I think it could've been more exciting so..yep.)

2. Yellow boots. (Yoo-Ri is amazing in any role whatsoever)

3. Secret (It isn't really dark but it's very interesting and gets you on the edge of your seat)

4. Incarnation of money (It's is all about greed for money. A must watch if you're looking for some amazing deep quotes.)

5.  Angel revenge (I have kept on hold and I regret it cause it's so interesting!!!!)

There are so many more but eh I decided to shorten it to this much. I think K-dramas are better in revenge and plot when compared to other Asian dramas :) This is what I feel. The excitement and happiness you get and that connection you feel is one of the best things I like about revenge dramas.  You know it's a good drama if you still want more after you finish watching :) okay ask me if you want more!!

amrita828:
-Up to now, City Hunter is the best I have seen dealing with the issue revenge.
-Bad Guy comes second in my list: great visual, very well acted, revenge is believable and well plotted.
-Runaway Plan B deals with revenge too. It's lighter in tone and dialogues, funnier than the above mentioned and well acted. But I'm quite lonely in my liking it very much.

However, in small doses revenge is often used in K-dramas, even when it's not the main subject. In Personal Taste, the female lead wants to take revenge on her ex lover who cheated on her (ranked quite low in my list); 49 days touches the issue too (ranked just as low as the previous one for me); Cinderella's Sister plays around revenge too - don't know for how long because I dropped it.

Pity you only ask about Korean shows, because I think there are a couple of wonderful Japanese dramas on revenge.
:)

49 DAYS WAS AWESOME,,,,,,, But Cinderella's sister was awesome.. I can understand the length of cold cold icy mood of FL but I loved it. I finished it.... The romance was less, the kiss was even lesser but I enjoyed it. 

Adonis 

The promise

Angel revenge

Whisper 

Monster

Bigman

Good bye Mr black

Golden cross 

Golden noodles 

Glass mask 

Secret woman 

Pinklipstick

Two women room

Thorn flower 

Bad guys

Princess prosecutor 

Iris 

between the wolf and dog

Heartless city 

mad dog

History man

Birth of beauty 

secret 

Unknown woman 

Pri

Jeaniessi:
A Man's Story - A+++++ A MUST WATCH.

Cain and Abel - I watched it. It's very good. Grade B-
A Man Called God - It's okay. Song Il Guk is pretty in it.... I know, that's lame. Grade C

Dramas I know that are revenge dramas but I haven't watched them.

Temptation of Wife
Temptation of an Angel
Revenge - Uhm Tae Woong!

Speking of Temptation pf a Wife 

Dont hate me ;)