Someone who makes sense, doesn’t cry at every single thing in every single episode... they can stand on their own without the ML. Some dramas would be, Story of Ming Lan, Hotel Del Luna or even DOTS- some people found her annoying and she did cry but she was a strong-willed, independent doctor. Literally a Strong Female Lead, who doesn’t rely on the ML...doesn’t need him to help in every single part of her career, life etc. Any country, I know this topic is asked a lot but lots of tags/characters are annoying or misleading... thank you if you can help!! Xx

Story of Yanxi Palace. 

Lily_B:

Story of Yanxi Palace. 

Yes!! That is a great series... I gave up round the middle as it was 70eps, should I try again? Also it looks like it might have a tragic ending could you let me know so I can mentally prepare for one?! 

MsBookworm:

It's Okay, That's Love
Hello Again!
Never Gone

I literally haven't watched any of these, and they look soo good, especially the top one... thank you!!! xx

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

Yes!! That is a great series... I gave up round the middle as it was 70eps, should I try again? Also it looks like it might have a tragic ending could you let me know so I can mentally prepare for one?! 

It depends on why you dropped it. Did you dislike something about it? Were you bored? If so, don’t watch it anymore. Did you just put it on hold for a break, because of the lenght, then I think you should pick it up again! Sure, the consorts’ evil plans got a bit repetitive, but I enjoyed the drama a lot overall. 

It depends on what you mean by tragic. Some great characters died but Yinglou and the emperor lived happily ever after if that’s what you mean. 

My favorite type of female lead :):

• Big Issue | she's a boss. Similar to Hotel de Luna.
  • Search: WWW | Take your pick from three independent, strong, confident and successful female leads, all very different and all wonderful!
  • Fight For My Way | Every time she fails, she gets on her feet and tries again. I love her!
  • Chicago Typewriter | She knows what she wants in both her current and past life!
  • Kill It 
  • Kill Me, Heal Me 
  • Lawless Attorney | She's always very composed and reasonable. She's mature enough to realize she doesn't have all the answers but rather than wait for someone to enlighten her, she goes out of her way to find them.
  • Possessed 
  • Terius Behind Me 
  • The Last Empress | She starts out really weak but grows into her power as the story progresses. She's active, badass and consistent.
  • The Tale of Nokdu 
  • Voice 
 Lily_B:

It depends on why you dropped it. Did you dislike something about it? Were you bored? If so, don’t watch it anymore. Did you just put it on hold for a break, because of the lenght, then I think you should pick it up again! Sure, the consorts’ evil plans got a bit repetitive, but I enjoyed the drama a lot overall. 

It depends on what you mean by tragic. Some great characters died but Yinglou and the emperor lived happily ever after if that’s what you mean. 

I did give it a break, so maybe it is time to pick it up again... I think it was partly cos I found she wouldn't end up with the guard guy that I shipped her with... anyways, thank you!! I'm glad the ending's happy xx

3GGG:

My favorite type of female lead :):

• Big Issue | she's a boss. Similar to Hotel de Luna.
  • Search: WWW | Take your pick from three independent, strong, confident and successful female leads, all very different and all wonderful!
  • Fight For My Way | Every time she fails, she gets on her feet and tries again. I love her!
  • Chicago Typewriter | She knows what she wants in both her current and past life!
  • Kill It 
  • Kill Me, Heal Me 
  • Lawless Attorney | She's always very composed and reasonable. She's mature enough to realize she doesn't have all the answers but rather than wait for someone to enlighten her, she goes out of her way to find them.
  • Possessed 
  • Terius Behind Me 
  • The Last Empress | She starts out really weak but grows into her power as the story progresses. She's active, badass and consistent.
  • The Tale of Nokdu 
  • Voice 

Search WWW and Lawless Attourney, two of my all-time favs, I actually dropped the Last Empress because she annoyed me too much- now I want to watch to watch the Character Development!! Thank you for the long list!!  xx

Juhan Shuttai!

It's Okay To Be Sensitive 1, 2

A Wife’s Credentials

One Spring Night

Sagideka

Thousand_Paper_Cranes:

I did give it a break, so maybe it is time to pick it up again... I think it was partly cos I found she wouldn't end up with the guard guy that I shipped her with... anyways, thank you!! I'm glad the ending's happy xx

Oh, the empress' brother! Yeah, there were several guys, after all... Well, I was always unsure about that - it kind of felt that we were "supposed" to ship her with Fuheng, but then again she had a kind of "natural" chemistry with the emperor and it seemed kind of obvious from early on that he had a thing for her. Then of course there was also the third guy she befriended... Personally I truly loved her relationship with the Empress the most - a very lovely friendship. 

ONE SPRING NIGHT

SCENT OF A WOMAN

LAWLESS LAWYER

AGE OF YOUTH SEASON 1 

Lily_B:

Story of Yanxi Palace. 

Also, Empresses in the Palace

Ms Temper and Nam Jung Gi

Goodbye to Goodbye - BOTH main leads are female

City Hall

Nobunaga Concerto 

Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku 

The Queen's Classroom  (J original, I haven't seen the K remake)

My Name is Kim Sam Soon ( K original)

History of the Salaryman (not a "nice" girl, but VERY strong :)