Like at first you think she's gonna end up with one guy, but she actually ends up the other guy who's much nicer. And obviously the second guy has to be the one most people are rooting for...  

One that comes very close imo is A Poem a Day. I actually dropped it around 7-8 when it looked certain that the "jerk male lead" would "get the girl" while the nice guy second missed out, AGAIN.  I was delighted that I gave it another go and found it otherwise. :)

Chuno / Slave Hunters

The story of Ming  Lan (2018).

Granting you a dreamlike life (2018)

The legend of zu 2 (2018).  

Legend of Hao Lan, kind of My First First Love (depends who you ship)

Elana:

The story of Ming  Lan (2018).

Granting you a dreamlike life (2018)

The legend of zu 2 (2018).   

story of minglan is definitely not a second male lead ending. Qi heng is Minglan's first love but Gu tingye is definitely the male lead. 

In addition to second male leads getting the girl:

• Diamond Lover
  • Reply 1988
  • Feast of the gods
  • Queen of reversal
  • The King In love
  • Empress Ki
  • because its my first time
  • Others
    • Baker takgu
    • How to date a perfect neighbor
    • Fashion king
 paeprheart:

Like at first you think she's gonna end up with one guy, but she actually ends up the other guy who's much nicer. And obviously the second guy has to be the one most people are rooting for...  

• +1 The King in Love - Based on the title and general drama cliches, you'd expect the FL to end up with the King, but she ends up with his much nicer bodyguard instead.
  • +1 Empress Ki - but I would not say the "SML" is "much nicer" and I was not rooting for him
  • Story of Yanxi Palace - I would not say that the "SML" is "much nicer" (just unexpected) and I was not rooting for him
  • Dream High - both the ML and SML are decent / nice
  • Ms. Perfect - You might expect that the FL would reconcile with her husband, end up with the married male owner of the mansion she moves into (she has some sort of romantic past with him but I forget the details), or be single at the end of this drama. I was very pleasantly surprised when she got a happy ending with the character who seemed like your typical one-sided love, nice and supportive SML for most of the drama.
  • Imperial Doctress - this one is debatable. I've included it because the ML misses his chance and the FL marries his... cousin I think? or half brother. I forget the exact relationship. Her husband is not a good husband. In the long run the ML is much nicer than him and is always there for the FL through many, many hardships (and they do end up together in the very, very end). There is also a third male lead who is in some ways the nicest of the three. 

cheese in the trap

reply 1988

Myauntmary:

cheese in the trap

reply 1988

Cheese in the Trap??

serene athen:

Cheese in the Trap??

Right? I had major SLS from CITT!

AH :

Right? I had major SLS from CITT!

But she doesn't end up with the second lead in this drama, or any lead for that matter :-/ 

+1 Story of Ming Lan (though we all knew she would end up with her real life husband) 

+1 Chuno 

About The King in Love, I wanted all three of them to stay together, lol, like a trio or something :D 

Also, my personal best with this trope: 

Sound of the Desert

@Meg - My first comment was in agreement with the "??" in serene athen's comment. IMO Cheese in the Trap is the opposite of what OP asked for. 

AH :

@Meg - My first comment was in agreement with the "??" in serene athen's comment. IMO Cheese in the Trap is the opposite of what OP asked for. 

Oh right, I guess my comment is directed towards the drama in general. I agree it is the opposite of what the OP has asked for. Mind you while I loved the  SL in this, I always thought ML is more attractive as a character  :-)