After watching Love Shuffle, I am in the mood to watch some good jdramas with strong romance. I only ask that they deal with some serious issues, but don't leave me feeling robbed after they are over. I have both Pride and Orange Days on my PTW list, I would appreciate any other romance jdramas you would consider "must watch."
Well.... your life isn't complete until you actually watch "Pride"! :O don't waste another second! XD I recommend "Aishiteru to Itte Kure" and "Love Revolution"!
algelic wrote: Well.... your life isn't complete until you actually watch "Pride"! :O don't waste another second! XD

I recommend "Aishiteru to Itte Kure" and "Love Revolution"!

It's my next stop, I promise :) I just like to stockpile dramas for when I am feeling particularly binge-y.
I agree with Pride, I would most definitely start there. Last Cinderella is really good too, it's hilarious and has good romance, friendships and a good story that keeps you guessing. For movies My Rainy Days is my favorite and it's very cute as well as serious when it needs to be. Another more serious type romance/movie duo is Bokura ga Ita Zenpen and Kouhen.
Koizora is an absolutely amazing romance story as well....But you may feel robbed in the end. :( It goes through all the stages of love and they get more and more serious, but it'll toy with your emotions big time, watch at your own risk, but I would say it was worth it.
Starae wrote: Koizora is an absolutely amazing romance story as well....But you may feel robbed in the end. :( It goes through all the stages of love and they get more and more serious, but it'll toy with your emotions big time, watch at your own risk, but I would say it was worth it.

I remember looking up Koizora and I know how it ends - I haven't put it on my PTW list because I have to be in a very specific mood to handle a tragic ending - i'm a big baby. I will check out your other suggestions, for sure, so thank you :)
Majo no jouken - student and teacher fall in love, its seriously romantic and has intense emotions / serious issues I also agree with last Cinderella - great chemistry and very romantic and miura is the hottest guy on the planet Rich man poor woman - great story and good chemistry You taught me all the important things aka taisetsu na koto - 2 teachers are engaged to be married but on the day school starts the male lead wakes up with a student in his bed, lots of serious issues even besides the student/teacher thing, it also stars miura =] And like others said pride is a must watch
meganjoy12 wrote: Majo no jouken - student and teacher fall in love, its seriously romantic and has intense emotions / serious issues
I also agree with last Cinderella - great chemistry and very romantic and miura is the hottest guy on the planet
Rich man poor woman - great story and good chemistry
You taught me all the important things aka taisetsu na koto - 2 teachers are engaged to be married but on the day school starts the male lead wakes up with a student in his bed, lots of serious issues even besides the student/teacher thing, it also stars miura =]
And like others said pride is a must watch

Thank you, I will be sure to check those out.
Something like Pride: Buzzer Beat. I would recommend you to watch BB before Pride though because the latter is better but both fall under the same category.
Lovers Brother Beat Love Story in Harvard Que Sera Sera If you don't mind long drama (50+ eps): Smile, You Ojakgyo Brothers
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - really sweet romance - will remind you of your first love