With no new shows in the world of Korean dramas really grasping my interest, I decided to go back in time and watch some older Japanese dramas I've been meaning to see for some time. I started up Liar Game, and I am absolutely hooked. I was just wondering if anyone knows of, and can recommend, a Korean drama that is similar to Liar Game. I'm not talking about having the same plot line. I'm looking for a Korean drama that's as suspenseful, mind-twisting as Liar Game. A drama that will make me go "Whaaaaat?" every five minutes. A drama where romance is not the main thrust of the story (in fact, preferable if romance doesn't play a factor at all in the plot). Much thanks in advance!
From your plan to watch list, I'd say these all give you that edge of your seat feeling with unexpected twists and turns, and the romance is kept to a minimum. There's also Bridal Mask.

A Man's Story
Time Between Dog and Wolf
Two Weeks
Nine Times Time Travel is pretty darn twisty and good. Yes there is romance but it very much takes a back stage to the action and plot. Also, I'd like to 2nd the Two Weeks recommendation. It is a very very well done and edge of your seat drama. The romance in this is also very much back burner.
The Korean version of Maou "The Devil", I second Nine times time travel and I add The Chaser as well as Empire of Gold. twisted dramas but they don't share the same plot as Liar Game.
Dunno about any dramas but there's a Korean reality show that is exactly like Liar Game, except it has real people and no brilliant masterminds like Akiyama Shinichi lol, it's called The Genius.Definitely worth checking it out. second season is coming out in November :33 I'm anxiously awaiting!
I can't recall any Kdrama that has a plot quite like liar game. If there is one and I missed it please someone tell me too!
lillith wrote: Dunno about any dramas but there's a Korean reality show that is exactly like Liar Game, except it has real people and no brilliant masterminds like Akiyama Shinichi lol, it's called The Genius.Definitely worth checking it out. second season is coming out in November :33 I'm anxiously awaiting!

i agree with this. it's definitely something you should check out. there are also games that were played in Liar Game.
Great! Thanks for the recommendations, everyone ^^ I figured I might have some lurking around in my To Watch list, but I wasn't sure which ones I should pick out from that list to watch. Thanks again! (And more recs are always welcomed, if anyone else has them!)