I'm looking for a good fantasy drama. I would like it to be historical but it doesn't have to be. I'm looking for something that is like Gu Family Book, about the part where the guy is a half gumiho and he tries to become human. A better example would be Youkai Ningen Bem. I've already watched my girlfriend if a gumiho and what not, that's not what I'm really looking for though. A better way to put it would be a person who is either born or gains powers and a different appearance and when they show people, they treat them badly and the guy tries to show that he's not bad or whatever. And I'm not into the girl being the main leading character, I much prefer a guy.
This is from my already watch list, that i consider a fantasy : -I Hear Your Voice (part fantasy, becuz the male lead can hear peoples thought) -Orthros no Inu (1 bad person possess a god hand that can cure people, 1 good person possess a devil hand that can kill people) -Rooftop Prince (a crown prince from joseon dinasty goes to modern days) -Secret Garden (a boy and a girl that switch body) -The greet seer (a man that possess a power to assist a future king) -The Master's Sun (a woman that possess a power to see ghosts) -The Moon That Embrace The Sun (a king that falling in love to a shaman) -Warrior Baek Dong Soo (based on Manhwa, about a master of ancient martial arts) -Arang and The Magistrate (a ghost that fallin in love to a human) -Death Note (based on Manga about a person that found a death note that belong's to a shinigami) -Faith (a surgeon that get kidnap by a general and being brought to a past) -Kogure Shashinkan (a family that move in into a house that presumably being haunted by the ghost of the previous owner) hope u can find some that u like.. ^^v
I'd recommend the movie Kids. The guy with the power isn't really shunned, but I still think it's pretty good and might be sort of what you are looking for. If you want a movie about a guy that doesn't have powers that still has to prove himself, try The Beast and the Beauty. Some other ideas that you could possibly look into: -Kazoku Game (drama)- About a tutor who isn't who he seems, not fantasy though -Holy Daddy- Dad returns back to life in another form to help his son -JIN- Brain surgeon goes back in time and tries to figure out why he was sent there -Postman to Heaven- About a boy who delivers messages to heaven and a girl who discovers him -Samurai High School- Boy who is possessed by an ancient samurai -Vampire Prosecutor- Name says it all -Yamada kun to 7 nin no Majo- Boy who discovers 7 witches in the school and can copy their powers -Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge- 4 guys get the task to transform a horror-loving girl into a lady -Zettai Kareshi- Girl gets a robot boyfriend in the mail The drama I'm watching at the moment is Densha Otoko, it's about a really nerdy guy who falls in love with a beautiful girl and gets help from his internet friends to court her. It's not fantasy, but it does have the guy trying to change himself to prove that he's a good guy. So far it's pretty good.
Koishite Akuma - the main lead is a vampire Ghost Friends - the main girl can see ghost and the man is a ghost that came back to life to find someone.