Can anyone here recommend a good sageuk drama wherein the main characters (MAIN male lead and female lead) doesn't die in the end? I know that many of you will disagree but I personally don't like (maybe even hate) tragic dramas where one or both the lead characters die in the end, I just don't get the appeal coz it's very depressing when the character that you supported all along for 20, to 50, or even 100 episodes gets off'ed in the end,... I'm kinda picky that way. That's why I mostly watch completed dramas. I like happy endings, there's too much bullshit going on in the world, that's why I want to escape it for awhile and watch a Good Drama with a Happy Ending. Historical Dramas that I watched (Sageuk or other): Mischievous Princess (chinese drama) The Moon that Embraces the Sun Arang and the Magistrate Sungkyunkwan Scandal (I know I watched more but I forgot the other titles...) Currently Watching: Empress Ki (REALLY good sageuk drama. Incomplete, I know, but even though I'm getting the feeling that this will turn pretty tragic in the end, I still like this drama.)
Gu Family Book has a (lame) happyish ending.
The Princess Man, both main leads don't die, happy ending ^^ definitely one of the best saeguk dramas in my opinion <3
I feel the same, I would love to watch more historical dramas because most of them are so good but I wish more of them had happy endings, I understand why a lot of them have tragic engings but the fact that more than 2-3 of historical drama have a tragic ending is a little ennoying to me and it make them quite predictable in the end. Have you watched Faith? It's the not perfect but I enojed it and the ending is not tragic or anything.
Gasanechi wrote: I know that many of you will disagree but I personally don't like (maybe even hate) tragic dramas where one or both the lead characters die in the end, I just don't get the appeal coz it's very depressing when the character that you supported all along for 20, to 50, or even 100 episodes gets off'ed in the end,... I'm kinda picky that way.

I'm with you on this. Hate endings where the main characters, the ones we were rooting for, get killed off.

witlily wrote: try " Queen In Hyun' s Man " http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/3985/queen-in-hyuns-man

I agree with this one! Such a great drama!! My favorite out of the recent time traveling trend. Although it's not really a sageuk, a few parts take place in the Joseon period. I guess you could consider it a fusion-sageuk (kind of-), fantasy genre.

I recommend:
The Fugitive of Joseon
The Return of Iljimae
Sungkyunkwan Scandal

Enjoy!

EDIT// Oops, sorry yo. Guess I just ignored the fact you already saw Sungkyunkwan Scandal. Instead I'll recommend another. How about Warrior Baek Dong Soo? I think that one ended pretty well and the main character lived.