cheza7307 wrote: Ghost is another to add to that list.

Thanks.
I'd recommend Heaven's Mandate as a saeguk with reasonably intelligent leads. They at least learn from their mistakes and don't keep get taken in by the antagonists' same tricks. Especially the Crown Prince character.
Queen Seon Duk

It's a sageuk and really the first thing that comes into mind. I'm quite surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Here, you not only have a very smart (and practical) lead, but also the main villain - Mishil. She's not only a ruthless, quick-witted politician, but also a warrior and most importantly a genius-level strategist.

Can't recommend this one highly enough.
I highly recommend Iljimae, and Gaksital (The Bridal Mask), both of the main leads are geniuses.
If you're not really into sageuk then try; King2Hearts, City Hunter, Vampire Prosecutor and especially Two Weeks (one of my favorites).
Check them out, they're worth it.
Draagon wrote: I'd recommend Heaven's Mandate as a saeguk with reasonably intelligent leads. They at least learn from their mistakes and don't keep get taken in by the antagonists' same tricks. Especially the Crown Prince character.

Okay. Thanks.
Looks like Lee Dong Wook is in a different role than his usual.

keiwa11 wrote: Kurosagi

I knew about this drama having a smart lead but I forgot drama name.
Thank you. :)

kuroioni wrote: Queen Seon Duk

It's a sageuk and really the first thing that comes into mind. I'm quite surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Here, you not only have a very smart (and practical) lead, but also the main villain - Mishil. She's not only a ruthless, quick-witted politician, but also a warrior and most importantly a genius-level strategist.

Can't recommend this one highly enough.

Smart females for change. Thanks. I planned to watch this one I'm only postponing it because of the number of episodes. I'm afraid I might want to marathon it and that would mean no sleep for perhaps a week. Hahaha.

blackndwhite wrote: I highly recommend Iljimae, and Gaksital (The Bridal Mask), both of the main leads are geniuses.
If you're not really into sageuk then try; King2Hearts, City Hunter, Vampire Prosecutor and especially Two Weeks (one of my favorites).
Check them out, they're worth it.
And not to forget God's Gift - 14 Days.

Thanks for recommending.
Though I don't think City Hunter belongs in this group.
I think that's the case when writer wants to make a character look smart but because the writer is lazy or in a hurry or perhaps not so ingenious as we would want him to be, makes a plot that can only work if characters aren't smart. So we got lots of characters in both movies and dramas that aren't very clever in practice and in deeds but other characters talk about them like they are geniuses.
lexies wrote:
Smart females for change. Thanks. I planned to watch this one I'm only postponing it because of the number of episodes. I'm afraid I might want to marathon it and that would mean no sleep for perhaps a week. Hahaha.

Haha, yeah... this drama *should* come with a warning - do NOT watch if you plan on doing any studying during the following week or so. Seriously, don't x_x. I started to watch it right before a physics exam *sigh* It was quite hard, I dare say. Also, if you think that once you're done, that's it - think again. This one will crawl under your skin, grab you by the soft parts (any and all, really) and make you think about it over and over... *sigh*

A tricky one, this. But one of the best there is.
I second Queen Seondeok, and would throw Giant into the mix. It's another long one, but if you can survive the melodramatic opening episodes, it features a wide range of tough, clever protagonists and antagonists.