I'd like to find dramas with smart leads, be it hero or heroine it doesn't mater as long as they are SMART, they don't have to be geniuses but smart enough not to be pulled by their noses by the bad guys.

Also they don't have to be successfully- perfect grade- or special talents- smart, don't need to have perfect memory, to read book only once and know everything that is written there, nor do they have to have high education, so don't recommend those if they don't have practical intelligence.

They need to be smart in practice, to be insightful or intuitive and at least partly rational.

Any genre.

Recommended so far:
Liar's Game
A Man's Story
God's Quiz
Golden Empire
Hanzawa Naoki
Ghost
Queen Seon Duk
Kurosagi
Vampire Prosecutor
Special Affairs Team Ten
Remote
God's Gift
Heaven's Mandate
Iljimae
Gaksital
The Moon that Embraces the Sun
King2Hearts
Queen In Hyun's Man
Nine: Nine Times Time Travel
The Princess' Man
Two Weeks
Innocent Man
Missing You

Feel free to object if you think that one of these dramas don't belong on this list. :)
I'd suggest: A Man's Story Golden Empire (just as a warning, the people in this drama mainly sit around talking about business, so don't expect any action scenes. it's very well written though) Special Affairs Team Ten God's Gift (the heroine isn't that rational, but it's great to see her teamwork with one of the main leads to save her daughter) You might also like Two Weeks, though the hero isn't smart from the beginning, but it's part of the appeal of the drama, that he turns from someone on the run into someone trying to outsmart his enemies. Those are all rather serious or darker dramas, but that's where you can find the smart characters imo^^
Liar Game.Definitely.
I was going to recommend Nine: Nine Times Time Travel, but I see you have it On Hold. Well, I think the lead there is very smart in relation to the unknown place he got stuck in (the whole time travel aspect, how it works, etc.). That being said, I say you give it a try again :)
Megami wrote: Liar Game.Definitely.

I've read manga few months ago. I'm currently waiting to forget it a bit and then start watching. Thanks for recommendation.

samsoons wrote: I was going to recommend Nine: Nine Times Time Travel, but I see you have it On Hold. Well, I think the lead there is very smart in relation to the unknown place he got stuck in (the whole time travel aspect, how it works, etc.).

That being said, I say you give it a try again :)

I'm planing to continue watching it.
I haven't put it on hold because I disliked it, I had some personal things to take care of so I went on few months long computer and internet hiatus. I've returned recently. :)

crookedsmile wrote: I'd suggest:
A Man's Story
Golden Empire (just as a warning, the people in this drama mainly sit around talking about business, so don't expect any action scenes. it's very well written though)
Special Affairs Team Ten
God's Gift (the heroine isn't that rational, but it's great to see her teamwork with one of the main leads to save her daughter)

You might also like Two Weeks, though the hero isn't smart from the beginning, but it's part of the appeal of the drama, that he turns from someone on the run into someone trying to outsmart his enemies.

Those are all rather serious or darker dramas, but that's where you can find the smart characters imo^^

Thank you, and thanks for those notes I appreciate it.
I have started watching Two Weeks before and I plan to continue watching it.
I'd recommend Hanzawa Naoki, really great !
Liar Game is definitely the Best Drama if you're looking for a smart lead, However REMOTE is a brilliant detective drama (although too short :( ) and I recommend you watch it =) You won´t be disappointed

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/1919/remote
lexies wrote:
I'm planing to continue watching it.
I haven't put it on hold because I disliked it, I had some personal things to take care of so I went on few months long computer and internet hiatus. I've returned recently. :)

Welcome back to dramaland :3

It's really a smart drama, with one of my favourite lead characters. There's something about him and the way he deals with the adversities and twists that's so fascinating. I hope you enjoy it :)

Oh and the rec for Hanzawa Naoki! I totally rec it too. Great drama.
Hi! From the ones I've seen: *) The Moon that Embraces the Sun *) Queen In Hyun's Man - The guy is really smart, the girl is cute :) In the following I think they are smart but there is no emphasis on it: *) The Princess' Man *) Missing You Good luck! :)
You should defintely try God's Quiz. The main character is very smart:))
LIAR GAME!!! A Man's Story
Innocent Man. He's really smart and really revenge driven... But during the second part he gets smarter. Its one of my favorite genre's. Also The Good Doctor. I'm not sure this is what your looking for but I definitely enjoyed it.
MeiLi wrote: I'd recommend Hanzawa Naoki, really great !

Thank you. I've got a lot Hanzava Naoki recommendations. I'm planning to watch it.

Hasumi17 wrote: Liar Game is definitely the Best Drama if you're looking for a smart lead, However REMOTE is a brilliant detective drama (although too short :( ) and I recommend you watch it =) You won´t be disappointed

http://mydramalist.com/japanese-drama/1919/remote

I'll try Remote, since I'm waiting a bit more to forget Liar Game manga, though I'm not sure that's possible. XD

samsoons wrote: Welcome back to dramaland :3

It's really a smart drama, with one of my favourite lead characters. There's something about him and the way he deals with the adversities and twists that's so fascinating. I hope you enjoy it :)

Oh and the rec for Hanzawa Naoki! I totally rec it too. Great drama.

Thank you. :)
sa6abe wrote: Hi! From the ones I've seen:
*) The Moon that Embraces the Sun
*) Queen In Hyun's Man - The guy is really smart, the girl is cute :)
In the following I think they are smart but there is no emphasis on it:
*) The Princess' Man
*) Missing You

Good luck! :)

Thank you. You gave me different genres and that's nice. I've watched Queen In Hyun's Man and I agree with you he was smart. Princess' Man and The Moon that Embraces the Sun are on my 'plan to watch' list but I've decided that I won't watch Missing You. I don't like very much melodramas and if you add Yoo Chun then I have to say no.

Vural wrote: You should defintely try God's Quiz. The main character is very smart:))

God's Quiz on my list now. Thank you. :D

Azzuritis wrote: Innocent Man.
He's really smart and really revenge driven...
But during the second part he gets smarter. Its one of my favorite genre's.

Also The Good Doctor. I'm not sure this is what your looking for but I definitely enjoyed it.

No Good Doctor isn't what I wanted. I'm not looking for a geniuses I'm looking for protagonists who are smart enough to recognize their enemies and avoid their schemes or at least try to. Anyway I watched that drama. It was good but there were no smart protagonists.
Thank you for the recommendations.
Ghost is another to add to that list.