Well I have always been kind of a fan of historical Dramas which resulted in watching many of them... And since I have been in a Drama slump lately I am looking for a good Drama to watch. Preferably a "Sangeuk (K-Historical-Drama)". I will just list all the Dramas I have watched so far. Oh but please don´t recommend me "a tree with deep roots" or " the princess man". I have tried out these both before and I didn´t like them >< Finishes Dramas/Movies: A Frozen Flower Anmitsu Hime Bridal Mask Chinese Paladin Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Dangerous Liaisons (Movie) Dong Yi Duelist (Movie) Eternal Happiness Faith Fearless (Movie) Hong Gil Dong Horse Doctor Huo yuan Jia (I know that it´s still airing but for me it´s finished) Hwang Jin Yi Hwapyeong Princess's Weight Loss (Movie) Ichi (Movie) Iljimmae (1+2) IP Man (Movie) Ja Myung Go Jang Ok Jung Jewel in the Palace Jumong King´s Daughter, Soo Baek-Hyang Legend of the Condor Heroes Legend of the Fist: The Return of.. Mulan (Movie) Nobunaga no Chef Nouhime (special) Palace: The Lock Heart Jade Queen In Hyun's Man Queen Seon Duk Red Cliff Return of the Condor Heroes Ri Kouran (Special) Rurouni Kenshin (Movie) samura High School Scarlet Heart Schemes of a Beauty Soldier (God of War) Sungkyunkwan Scandal Tenshijin The King and I The King and the Clown(Movie) The Legendary Courtesan Hwang Jin Yi The Moon that embraces the Sun The Painter of the Wind The Tempest Time Slip Dr.Jin War of Arrows (Movie) Warrior Baek Dong Soo Yae no Sakura Yaksha (Movie) On-hold: Goddes of Fire Jin (J-version) Ip Man (Drama) King Gwanggaeto the Great Legend of Lu Zhen Swordsman The Great King Sejong The Great Merchant Dropped: Chuno Queen Insoo Shaolin Soccor (Movie) The Great Seer If there is any awesome and absolutely stunning Drama from my dropped or on-hold list then pls feel free to tell me >< I may have had good reasons for dropping it but I am willing to pick it up again when it becomes really great in the end. *Phew* Now I hope that I didn´t scare anyone with my list... Thank You in advance!
You watched many historicals, still I can recommend you a few more: The Legend (Bae Yong Jun) The Kingdom of the Winds + Sea God (both with Song Il Gook) Kim Soo Ro (with Ji Sung and one of the best villains actor in K drama land Yoo Oh Sung) Gu Family Book (not a real historical, but I loved it) Knife And Flower (one of the best, but that's just my opinion)
since you've watched Jumong - follow it up with the sequel about his grandson - Kingdom of the Winds (the same actor plays the role) and then watch Kim Soo Ro (the Iron King)
You have a lot on your list. You might like:

Arang and the Magistrate
Fugitive of Joseon

Enjoy!
Empress Ki! It's currently airing but its last episode is tomorrow and it's 51 episodes in total. It's actually one of the best historical dramas I've seen.
bettyboo wrote: You watched many historicals, still I can recommend you a few more:
The Legend (Bae Yong Jun)
The Kingdom of the Winds + Sea God (both with Song Il Gook)
Kim Soo Ro (with Ji Sung and one of the best villains actor in K drama land Yoo Oh Sung)
Gu Family Book (not a real historical, but I loved it)
Knife And Flower (one of the best, but that's just my opinion)

DreamingKoreanBallad wrote: since you've watched Jumong - follow it up with the sequel about his grandson - Kingdom of the Winds (the same actor plays the role) and then watch Kim Soo Ro (the Iron King)

I didn´t know that there was a sequel to Jumong. Intersting :)
Thanks for the recommendation.

ricky wrote: You have a lot on your list. You might like:

Arang and the Magistrate
Fugitive of Joseon

Enjoy!

I have thought about watching the second one. Thanks! (:
You've really seen a lot already, so I can't think of many to recommend^^ I second Arang and the Magistrate and add to that Secret Investigation Record if you're up for a X-Files type of drama set in Joseon time. I really enjoyed watching that, but just as a warning, it's more about investigating the cases than explaining where all the supernatural stuff comes from. And I haven't seen it yet, but heard good things about Cruel Palace.
crookedsmile wrote: You've really seen a lot already, so I can't think of many to recommend^^ I second Arang and the Magistrate and add to that Secret Investigation Record if you're up for a X-Files type of drama set in Joseon time. I really enjoyed watching that, but just as a warning, it's more about investigating the cases than explaining where all the supernatural stuff comes from.

And I haven't seen it yet, but heard good things about Cruel Palace.

I am not that much into fantasy but I have heard a lot about Cruel Palace as well :)
Jst that I couldn´t find a place where to watch it..without having to download it. Thank You^^

dariken wrote: Three Kingdoms

95 episodes of almost Game of Thrones quality to keep you busy for a while. Gotta ****ing love the actor of Cao Cao.

I have watched the first episode of that. I wasn´t sure about the Drama but when you say so.. :)
Thanks!
Mirichan wrote: I am not that much into fantasy but I have heard a lot about Cruel Palace as well :)
Jst that I couldn´t find a place where to watch it..without having to download it. Thank You^^

Pretty sure I've seen it on gooddrama and drama.net before, you should be able to watch it there.
The Great Revival - I made a topic in the past looking for a chinese historical drama which had realistic characters since at that time all I could find were cheesy shows. It turned out to be a lot better than I expected and still one of my favorites.

Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan - Very good. Randomly watched an episode but ended up finishing the whole drama when at the time I had not finished a drama in months. The thing that hooked me was when in the first episode (I think) the girl who seems will be the main character's rival throughout the show is killed.
These are not korean but very good still..

The Great Revival - I made a topic in the past looking for a chinese historical drama which had realistic characters since at that time all I could find were cheesy shows. It turned out to be a lot better than I expected and still one of my favorites.

Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan - Very good. Randomly watched an episode but ended up finishing the whole drama when at the time I had not finished a drama in months. The thing that hooked me was when in the first episode (I think) the girl who seems will be the main character's rival throughout the show is killed.

I also know some other older korean historical dramas / not as well known. Most are pretty hard to find but they are on aznv.tv (I think site needs an account to watch shows on though)
Ballad of suh dong - This was one of my first historical dramas. I think I watched it after jumong which was a long time ago.. I do not remember too much but I know I liked it.

Gu Am Heo Jun - A recent drama about a doctor.. I do not really like medical stuff so it did not interest me.

age of warriors - Only watched the first episode but the place I watched it from the quality was not so good + acting seemed bad. Not sure why I even mentioned it lol..

shin don - I liked it a lot but.. towards the end I dropped it.

immortal lee soo-shin - Like age of warriors quality was not so good and acting seemed bad. I also was not really interested in the guy even though hes one of the most famous guys in history.

Empress Chun Chu - Did not like the lead but I did watch a good amount still.

Emperor Wang Guhn - 200 episodes... and from 2000 when acting was bad + hard to find decent quality. Still though from the 20ish episodes I watched it seemed to be very good. This time period also is very interesting since there were so many different groups trying to start up their own kingdoms/empires. I always feel like one day I will definitely finish this but... 200 episodes without good quality :////

Dae Jo Yeong - From what I remember it seemed to have a different plot than most. A guy going from nothing to founding a nation. The problem with the show though is there was no place to stream it. I had to download each hardsubbed episode and my internet sucked so 134 episodes would take forever. I am also not sure where I was downloading the episodes from anymore.. but I also feel like I will finish this one some day.
Try Swords of Legend/Ancient Sword Legend. It's a new wuxia/historical drama and only 4 episodes are out currently. :) You won't be disappointed hopefully!
Heres a link to the trailer if you're curious:
Try Swords of Legend/Ancient Sword Legend. It's a new wuxia/historical drama and only 4 episodes are out currently. You won't be disappointed hopefully!
http://youtu.be/6zbiS4-bkkY
alexk345 wrote: top 4
1. The legend
2. Dong yi
3. King daughter
4. Queen seon duk
5. Tree with deep roots

Jumong , kingdom of wind are all just ok.

chinese drama
1. swordsman 2013
2. Heaven sword and dragon sabre
3. Prince lan ling
4. Princess pearl
5. Scarlett heart
6. glamorous imperial concubine

Try Swords of Legend/Ancient Sword Legend. It's a new wuxia/historical drama and only 4 episodes are out currently. You won't be disappointed hopefully!
http://youtu.be/6zbiS4-bkkY