Hello! I am currently in the middle of watching Hana Yori Dango 2 and am asking for a strange sort of recommendation. You know those characters who are really stupid bit you love them anyway (or maybe you love them BECAUSE they are stupid)? Yes, like Domyoji, haha. As much as I love clever and intelligent characters, I am interested in watching something else with a delightfully idiotic character. :P Any recommendations? EDIT: Of course, I also would like the characters to have some substance like Domyoji. I don't want the only facet of their character to be stupid!
*lol* When I read the subject line of this thread, I was thinking: "Does this refer to Domyoji?" haha. I have to admit that I can't think of anyone else like that. (To be honest, I disliked him a lot of the time but yeah, sometimes I loved him.)

The first one who comes to mind is the heroine of Liar Game, even though she's not that kind of stupid. I see you've already watched the first season so maybe you don't agree.

Another one is Gyoten in Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi. He's not really like Domyoji, but he's kinda odd, he says things sometimes that makes you go "huh?" and it's a fun drama. (There's no romance.)

The main character of Umi no ue no shinryoujo is a pretty smart as a doctor, but he's very, very silly and lovably stupid most of the time.

I know, these recommendations are not perfect, but with my limited experience, I feel that Domyoji is one of a kind. ;) But the other day, somebody was saying that Autumn's Concerto is "just as addictive as HYD". I haven't watched it so I don't know in what way they are similar, I'm just passing on the information.
Nobuta wo Produce. Akira is a darling idiot.

Anna-san no Omame. Lily is... deeply stupid. I suppose "stupid" is only facet of her personality, but still I found her strangely adorable.

Nakuna, Hara-chan. Hara-chan is pretty stupid, since he's basically a 2D personality transported into the real world.

Dragon Seinendan. Yoshio is a bit tennen and useless, but still a hero.
I second Nobuta wo Produce for Akira :D You can also try J-drama Densha Otoko. A romance based on true story. The main lead is a loveable idiot and a hero.
Protect the Boss
Cha Ji Heon (played by Ji Sung) and Seo Na Yoon (Wang Ji Hye) are idiots but cute idiots.
I also highly recommend Densha Otoko and Nobuta wo Produce. I'd also like to add Love Shuffle. You might want to look into some other dramas of MatsuJun's like Kimi wa Petto or Lucky 7. He kind of plays a loveable idiot in those as well.