Hi! I realise this is a rather specific (and perhaps a little bit weird) criteria, but I just finished Que Sera Sera, and I simply loved Kang Tae Joo :) For those who haven't watched it: Kang Tae Joo is the character the female lead, Eun Soo, falls in love with. He desires to be rich, and, given the fact that he's charming and very very sexy (hehehe), he makes money by dating rich women, which turns him into a cynical, heartless and greedy man. Throughout the whole drama, despite the fact that he eventually realizes he's in love with Eun Soo, his desire to live as a rich man makes him commit the most condemnable actions. And yet, somehow, he's a character I couldn't lose faith in, because there was still something essentially sweet in him that revealed itself in the way he honestly cared for Eun Soo, even though he kept making terrible, hurtful and selfish decisions. So what I'm looking for is a male character that is on a bad road, but that falls in love with a girl that isn't part of his world, and that therefore pushes him to change his ways dramatically. I guess that most typical rom-com drama characters like Gu Joon Pyu from Boys Before Flowers would fit that description, but I would really prefer a character that is shady or even on the verge of being evil - a good example would be Lee Kangto from Bridal Mask (even though I couldn't enjoy the drama because of the female lead, but that's another story, his character was great). Jo Min Hyuk from Secret Love more or less resembles the kind of character I'm looking for as well. Although the male lead in the movie Always was certainly not evil, he was on the shady side, so his character could apply too (not exactly though, because he wasn't despicable either). Basically, I'm trying to find an anti hero as a romantic lead! Thanks! I hope more dramas with this kind of character exist :/
If u likef secret love maybe you will like innocent man/nice guy
If u liked secret love i think u will like nice guy/innocent man
Lovers is exactly what you described.

How about a guy turned shady by a betrayal and is looking for revenge? And then there's a woman who represent exactly the opposite (like City Hunter). There are a lot of those I think...
Kim-Park-Lee wrote:

Basically, I'm trying to find an anti hero as a romantic lead!

Sealed with a kiss you need to watch it lol
Thanks for the recommendations! I plan to watch them all, and I've decided to start with Sealed with a Kiss - it'll be my first chinese drama!