Hi everyone! I just recently discovered Japanese dramas and I finished Buzzer Beat with in three days. It was really good, one of my favorite things about Buzzer Beat was that the leads were friends who at first had no romantic attraction to each other and slowly began to fall in love. It made me realize how much I love the friends fall in love trope. Can you guys please recommend me some other Japanese or Korean dramas that use this trope where the leads are friends before they fall in love? Answer me 1997, 1994 and Bottom of the 9th with 2 Outs are the only other ones I can think of. Thanks everyone for their help, I truly appreciate it!
In Time With You

About two best friends since high school make a bet to see who marries first. The female lead is insecure about her single status at the age of 30 while the male lead is very quiet, respectful and intelligent. You later find out that both of them have had many partners over the course of their lives since high school, but none of them have really been good. The show focuses on the female lead's journey to realizing that her one true love has been right beside her the entire time.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Made by the same people who did In Time With You. This time two strangers meet and become landlord and tenant. They each start off explicitly saying they have a one sided love to another person. However as time passes by, they become good friends who get too comfortable with each other. What I mean by this is they know what each other likes, they buy/make dinner for each other, help one another when they're drunk or sad. The female lead in this one, again, goes through the motions of realizing that the person she loves is not the person she longs for but the person that was right beside her from the very beginning.

I know you asked for J or K dramas but give these a shot, they are very good
J-drama: Slow Dance.
ArekkusuRin wrote: In Time With You

About two best friends since high school make a bet to see who marries first. The female lead is insecure about her single status at the age of 30 while the male lead is very quiet, respectful and intelligent. You later find out that both of them have had many partners over the course of their lives since high school, but none of them have really been good. The show focuses on the female lead's journey to realizing that her one true love has been right beside her the entire time.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Made by the same people who did In Time With You. This time two strangers meet and become landlord and tenant. They each start off explicitly saying they have a one sided love to another person. However as time passes by, they become good friends who get too comfortable with each other. What I mean by this is they know what each other likes, they buy/make dinner for each other, help one another when they're drunk or sad. The female lead in this one, again, goes through the motions of realizing that the person she loves is not the person she longs for but the person that was right beside her from the very beginning.

I know you asked for J or K dramas but give these a shot, they are very good

I have heard of In Time With You but not of The Pursuit of Happiness, thank you for recommendations, I will keep them in mind! Thank you! :)
I really like that type of stories too but you mentioned all of what I've watched. (but I second in time with you, it's really good) Something similar is "Operation Proposal" (it's korean but I know that is a version of a japanese one). The guy discover that he is in love with his best friend the day of her wedding but he can time travel to his past and try to make her fall in love with him) Stair Away to heaven.. they are best friends, then lovers, then someone lost the memory and it's a mess. But it's a classic. I need romance 3. She toke care of him since he was a child, for him she was like an angel who taugh him life. But he moves and when he returns and they encounter againg... they know each other and there is age difference, I like that their relationshio is a bit "friend" like.
9 Ends 2 Outs

its a story about two lifelong friends falling in love with each other in a very realistic way