Sometime ago I made my grandmother watch Smile, You and she liked it. And since one of the television dramas she's been watching on domestic TV is ending soon, she expressed the wish to watch a Korean drama.

She likes family oriented dramas, and both melodramas and comedies are alright.

I also feel like she more empathizes with saint-like heroines who are often victims, but it's an optional condition.

I don't think she will appreciate historical dramas yet, she doesn't know much about Korea and it's culture so I don't want to jump into the unknown with her yet.
Also I don't want to watch tragedies so that's a no too.

I was thinking: Ojakgyo Brothers, Can You Hear My Heart, Shining Inheritance, My daughter Lee Soo Young or Unexpected You.
I didn't watch these dramas so I don't know if they'll really fit her preferences.

If you have something else to recommend that you think it will suit her taste please do.

Also recommended:
Ugly Alert
Shining Inheritance first
I don't know what your grandma likes but I can say for sure that Ugly Alert is a great drama. Just maybe a little slow in the first ("younger version") few episodes. :) Oh, and the saint-like person in this drama is not the f-lead but m-lead. :)
StellarJ wrote: I don't know what your grandma likes but I can say for sure that Ugly Alert is a great drama. Just maybe a little slow in the first ("younger version") few episodes. :)
Oh, and the saint-like person in this drama is not the f-lead but m-lead. :)

Thank you. It looks interesting and it seams to suit her preferences.
If I don't pick this drama as the first one I'll definitely pick it as the one I'll watch with my grandmother after the first.
I haven't watched any of those. I would recommend You're the Best Lee Soon Shin. It is a family drama of sorts, and there is humor, tears, and a decent ending. Of course there are your typical Kdrama cliche's, but overall its not to bad. If she were interested in Japanese drama's I would suggest: Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu
Hmm How about Stars Falling From the Sky, Creating Destiny, and You Are My Destiny?
From the ones you mentioned I recommend Ojakgyo Brothers, My Daughter Seo Young and Unexpected You. All three of them are excellent Family Dramas.
phoenixtearz9 wrote: I haven't watched any of those. I would recommend You're the Best Lee Soon Shin. It is a family drama of sorts, and there is humor, tears, and a decent ending. Of course there are your typical Kdrama cliche's, but overall its not to bad. If she were interested in Japanese drama's I would suggest: Dare Yori mo Mama wo Aisu

Thanks. I still haven't thought about introducing her to Japanese dramas, they can be quite different from dramas made anywhere else in the world, that's why I'll first get her addicted to Koreans and then...

Ari_Lee wrote: From the ones you mentioned I recommend Ojakgyo Brothers, My Daughter Lee Seo Young and Unexpected You. All three of them are excellent Family Dramas.

Thank you.

Sleepninja wrote: Hmm How about Stars Falling From the Sky, Creating Destiny, and You Are My Destiny?

Thank you for the suggestions.
Stars Falling From the Sky looks really interesting.