I've been in a huuuge drama slump, i don't even know what I'm looking for. Just something that will WOW me. Factors I liked in drama's: Hidden Identities (GTO, Gokusen, Gu Family Book, Iljimae, Autumn Concerto, Hi My Sweetheart) Memory Loss (Autumn Concerto) Tragic/Secret Past (Mars) Separating and meeting YEARS later (Fated to Love you, Silent, My Lucky Star, Autumn Concerto, Winter Sonata, Hi My Sweetheart, autumn tale) Father doesn't know about the baby (Fated to love you, Empress Ki, Autumn Concerto) lead seems/is weak but later proves everyone wrong (warrior bark dong soo, he was weak as a kid but grew up to be the greatest warrior) Forbidden Love (That winter the wind blows, empress ki, autumn tale) I just love watching the shock factor the character experiences when they find out the truth. Or the shock factor supporting characters experiences when they find out about the leads. i want to watch an epic storyline with a touching love story. what i don't want: nothing lighthearted or playful ex. Coffee prince and you're beautiful meets my criteria of hidden identity but it's more comedy and light hearted so no
Bara no nai Hanaya --> Hidden Identities -->Secret Past -->Romance -->Memorable -->Touching (Love Story)
Ghost
+ hidden identities
+ shock factor is considerably big
- sadly no love story
+ can WOW you

The Incarnation of Money
+ hidden identities
+ thrilling episodes
- love story isn't the main genre but
+ it is very touching
+ secret past
+ characters have met before
+ EPIC

The Devil(KR and original) or Maou(JP)
+ hidden identity
+ secret past
+ characters have met before
+ touching story
Ghost was amazing.
I believed that Maou was the original version and The Devil the remake... That's why I started Maou, which I had completely disliked. In my opinion the plot was great but it was poorly executed. Maybe I'll add The Devil in my Plan to Watch List.

The Princess' Man
+ Hidden identity (starts as a naive game)
+ Tragic events
+ Forbidden Love
+ Historical
+ Memorable couple

- The story begins when the characters are already adults, they haven't met before.
- Unlike some dramas suggested above, the main genre of the drama is romance. There is also politics but everything is focused on the main love story. Maybe Ghost can provide something different.

-- Edited:

I recently watched the movie The Palace. There are misundertandings and a stealed/hidden identity. You can read my review of the movie if you're interested ;) I liked it but don't watch it just for the shock factor because ._that happens towards the end of the movie and isn't as big as it should be._ but instead watch it for it's love story.
kestrel wrote:
I believed that Maou was the original version and The Devil the remake... That's why I started Maou, which I had completely disliked. In my opinion the plot was great but it was poorly executed. Maybe I'll add The Devil in my Plan to Watch List.

That's what I thought before too, that Maou was the original version. So I watched Maou first, then neglected the real original KR version. But curiosity(Uhm Tae Woong is a very good actor) led me to watch The Devil then after finishing it, I downrated Maou. I had to. Although you might have a different opinion with me, I think the KR version is the better version. I am even regretting that I watched Maou first :/
So I wasn't the only one xD I have neglected The Devil too, althought I always found it in recommendations threads I like - about revenge, mystery, etc. I know the story, I dropped the Japanese version and 20 episodes sometimes can be too many episodes. As you, I like Uhm Tae Woong as an actor and Shin Min Ah is also in the cast. I won't watch it right now, maybe I will in the future, but I'm pretty sure I would have the same opinion as you. I think about Maou and the first thing that cames to my mind is the soundtrack. I don't know about you or others, but I couldn't stand it. Evangelical music when there is a scene in a chappel or a quote about demons and suspense music whenever there was a new clue or the one with the hidden identity appears. I was even tempted to mute the sound :\ I think I exaggerated it back then.
I second the Princess Man, great emotional roller coaster ride.
wow it's like excatly what i like in dramas :0 that would be a help for me too ^^ when i saw the word EPIC i immediately thought of The Bridal Mask "Hidden identity" The incarnation of money also "Hidden identity" "Secret past" "Epic"