Oh! And I think it would be great if they'd make a Donghua series too :) I want to see all the comparisons hahaha I want to see if they will make this Donghua version the same as the Live-Action version or the novel version.

Yes, no one in ep 36 says definitively that anyone died - they really need to rewatch that episode carefully. And yes YBY is giving all the clues away, if only people would listen and watch carefully........and sometimes people just need to use their imagination a bit more - not everything needs to be presented explicitly to be understood.  

@peanutbutterjelly

I am sure the void also comes with the ending of this show that we all love. You are absolutely right. This plus a few plot holes, editing flaws. In the meanwhile, I have also come to terms with the ending, fantasizing that WKX and ZZS are having a good life on that icy mountain. haha

@Lynn @Saffy88

Though I think both of you interpret the ending quite right, the writer did give the viewer a choice of choosing a bad or a good ending for his and her interpretation, I think it's everyone's choice. Those who argue for a bad ending probably want to believe it is a bad ending. In fact, many authors (Shakespear being a famous one...) like to kill their own protagonists themselves because there is ultimately something beautiful and romantic in a tragic love story. It is the sorrow and regrets that make a story feel real, in a way perfect, as life is not perfect in itself. It gives a feeling of eternity, an enormous sadness that will always live in one's heart as long as it is this lifetime. That's why many famous pieces of literature are tragics. It is precisely the sadness that readers feel that makes them remember this piece of work much longer than a happy story. Though our main couples survived, our most beloved BG couple not. That's probably also one of the reasons. But of course, readers love the characters, that's why a lot of times the authors have to change the turn of the story or make create some happy/open elements in their ending, otherwise, they get too much hate storm. 

I am trying to picture the alternative ending with WKX really dying in the arms of ZZS (i.e. YBE's will could not pass on)... it will give this drama such a different feel that makes me enormously sad but at the same time makes me want to always remember this drama even more.

Well but recently due to popularism, BE rarely happens in dramas. People want to see something happy as real life has so many hardships as it is already. The only Chinese drama I know of is Goodbye my Princess. And for the same reasons as above, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Yes I know what you mean - we wouldn't remember Romeo and Juliet half as well if everything had turned out well for them.  And I don't mind tragic or non-happy endings - Nirvana in Fire for eg so so sad, but so so satisfying.  

The ending however must have dramatic logic - the deaths of Ah Xiang and CWN do because you just know the world is not going to let them be together cos it's full of psychos that aren't going to leave them alone. With our protagonists though it could go either way - I think having Ah Xiang and CWN die is enough pain for the audience already and if WKX and ZZS are allowed to find redemption/reward after all their respective suffering, then there is also a feeling of rightness about it as they have already paid enough of a price to get to where they are.  Besides who doesn't like it when the good guys win and the bad guys get buried under an avalanche :)? 

Late for the party, but here are my thoughts.  

• To be honest, the drama almost lost a few brownie points from me due to those two episodes. There was nothing wrong with the way that things went, but it was as if everyone forgot that someone named Zhou Zi Shu existed. Keeping the secret from him was a huge, epic mistake. Then again, Lao Wen is the same person who expected Ah' Xu to enjoy people killing each other over a piece of glass. He was used to plotting behind his back, the very reason Zi Shu distrusted him for a long time. So, he clearly doesn't think much when making his decisions. For him, the best way to get Zi Shu to heal was to hide the network plan from him. He hid the truth from two people he loved the most: Gu Xiang and Ah' Xu. Xiang partially knew the truth. I'd have been fine with everything, but then Bai Yi decided to send him off at Ping An Inn and no one informed him what exactly had transpired behind the scenes. Where the hell was Bei Yuan and Da Wu?! They played a part in it too.  He removed the nails to bring justice for his dead soulmate with full power  so that he could join him later. During the victory drink, Ah' Xu was visibly upset. Cheng Ling was the only one who cared about him at that time. Lao Wen kept revealing all the plans one by one and I kept getting sadder. Xiang had Wei Ning, but Ah' Xu? He had nobody around him. Even Cheng Ling had been sent away to Mt. Dagu. 
  •  When we think from Zi Shu's perspective about keeping his death a secret from Lao Wen by keeping him under the influence of Drunk Like a Dream - he had a valid reason for doing it. Lao Wen had lost Ah' Xiang. He could never reveal that he was going to die as it would simply crush him. In my previous comment in the main page, I suggested that Lao Wen had done this to Zi Shu. (I was unaware at that time that Zi Shu would do it to him in the later episodes.)  Lao Wen obviously needed to do a lot of thinking before jumping into what he thinks was best for Zi Shu. But, I can tell why it wouldn't seem like such a bad decision to him. Xiao Chu, the scriptwriter, liked a post about the issues regarding characterization and keeping the plan away from ZZS. Here is the link for anyone interested in the translation by sixteenthshen: https://sixteenthshen.tumblr.com/post/646881628773367808/post-finale-stuff

(I don't even know… there were times I thought that Prince Jin, Bei Yuan, Da Wu and his former colleagues and juniors at Window of Heaven could predict him well.)

I've seen complaints about how Ah' Xu almost disappears as a side character, but I can guess why that happened. Even in the book, he is tangled up unwillingly with Cheng Ling and Mr. Cling.  Window of Heaven doesn't play a huge role. Lao Wen is the one who seems to be keeping endless secrets. (I had to stop at CH30 as Google Drive decided that I must not read any further than that and stopped loading.) But, I was glad that they made up for that by focussing on ZZS's past in the later episodes. But, the EP33-34 left me with a very sour feeling. It was not about going OOC or a plot hole. It was as if everyone conveniently decided to move forward with the plan and decided to let Ah' Xu stay in the dark, not even checking up on him. I don't know what the writer's intention was with that move. I don't know how many people felt like me. I for one, still dread the day those episodes appear on YouTube. I like both Lao Wen and Ah' Xu. But…

• The ending. I believe it is a happy one and the scriptwriter herself confirmed that she never wished to write a bad one. Due to time constraints, budget and censorship, I think they were forced to make it look like that. I think it was Ye Bai Yi who passed away. His last words were almost like a farewell to the world. A user above me mentioned how he told that no one would die before him. And I think he meant what he said. He was one of my favorite characters. :(

I think if YBY is dead then he died happily. As he says he now understands why he's stayed alive all these years - to save these two idiots basically :) But yup he's a great character - it'd be great if there was a spinoff about him too. Obviously he had a pash for Rong Xuan's dad too so there's lots to explore there. 

@KingC

Oh I love the Weibo Posts you shared. The character analysis really makes sense. I also really like earlier post (not translated) on the problems from last episode; not on character design or motivation positive but how they left out critical scenes showcase those motivations. That really help me to solve my knots about the last episodes. 

If you guys are interested I can do a translation here. 

Anyways, does anyone of you guys rewatching the impending episodes that are with English subs on YouTube? They're on episode 21 right now. And I'm happy that they showed Wen Ke Xing hugging Zhou Zi Shu back in episode 20, which wasn't shown on the Chinese Youku site. Hopefully, we'll get to see the first filming of episode 27 on YouTube, the part that they had to re-filmed and showed what's on-screen in that episode. The part that showed ZZS laid his head on WKX's shoulder and WKX's hold and expressions, and gestures there were much softer than what was aired. The part I'm talking about after ZZS was confronting YBY and protecting WKX while sticking by his side and told YBY to rather kill both of them together. They were really soft with each other during the first filming, and I think that was the "initial" scene that Zhang Zhe Han was talking about haha I hope Youku will give us some of the original lines on some episodes, and hopefully, there are some exceeding episodes too.

Yes, rewatching the YT episodes as they are released...........wonder if they will do anything with the ending like maybe not having a bonus clip and just putting the whole ending in ep 36 instead. 

I'm sure they will put it as the whole ending episode, as I remembered someone said it on Tumblr. I hope the parts that were cut off and re-filmed will be shown on YouTube Youku :) Cause if they showed us that hugging scene from WKX, then they should keep it up. Also, Zhang Cheng Ling's original line in the finale episode wasn't bad, so I hope they would keep that line, so it won't confuse some people and would cause less conflict with the series like it does right now.

@Kotori

You should read this :)

https://twitter.com/xiaomilu__/status/1377863854689030146

Edit:

Here's all the parts of the fan's re-dubbed and subtitles:

https://twitter.com/xiaomilu__/status/1377312931872972806

Lynn:

Anyways, does anyone of you guys rewatching the impending episodes that are with English subs on YouTube? They're on episode 21 right now. And I'm happy that they showed Wen Ke Xing hugging Zhou Zi Shu back in episode 20, which wasn't shown on the Chinese Youku site. Hopefully, we'll get to see the first filming of episode 27 on YouTube, the part that they had to re-filmed and showed what's on-screen in that episode. The part that showed ZZS laid his head on WKX's shoulder and WKX's hold and expressions, and gestures there were much softer than what was aired. The part I'm talking about after ZZS was confronting YBY and protecting WKX while sticking by his side and told YBY to rather kill both of them together. They were really soft with each other during the first filming, and I think that was the "initial" scene that Zhang Zhe Han was talking about haha I hope Youku will give us some of the original lines on some episodes, and hopefully, there are some exceeding episodes too.

ME! ME! :D Honestly... I was starting to feel lonely. And about that hug scene. I think it made the final cut, but they decided to remove it for the sake of viewer's sanity and the drama's safety. It already managed to cross borders. And I'm really curious about EP27. I've only seen BTS stills from the sides. I wonder if they actually sent that version for post production or just stuck with the second version that we have seen in Youku site. I remember someone commenting about how hard it is to get extra scenes as it would eventually come around back to China and then they would have to deal with the aftermath. But, I really, really hope this happens. International fans still look forward to this drama every week with hope. And the Youku staff seems to know it too and rewarded us with those small bits. :)  

@KingC

I feel lonely too hahah Yeah, judging by how much the broadcast dubbing version and the original lines being dubbed over, I can see why they would cut those parts out but I'm happy that they showed us, international fans, that warm moment :) Yup, all we have is hope. And the Chinese fans also are rewatching it on YouTube as well hahah They can't get over with this series :)

@Lynn

Thanks for sharing. I am not sure if I understand the tweet on the poetry reference though... 

The re-dubbing on BiliBili is great. I have already watched all of them and they did a fantastic job. I wish someone would cut their dubbing with their original versions. I am sure no body would notice. Haha

Have you all watched the rabbit washing scene? That was so cute too. I wish they will bring more of the cut scenes to international fans. 

@Kotori

Yes, I did :) It's really cute. They have gotten closer there ^.^