For some mysterious reason, the comments section of this drama is infested with misogynists saying all sorts of offensive things. They are a very loud minority here, I even suspect it's one or two guys with multiple profiles who tries to validate his opinion this way. Very annoying but all they want it's attention. I suggest block this guys since they really don't add nothing to the discussion. Here it's a list of some of these misogyny spreaders (more can be added later):

Innocent

Living Tribunal

Khairul Islam Sifat

Vincenzo 

mooc

can you make this same post on general thread, then it'd be more accessible to people making this more outspread and aware. imagine being misogynistic in a female and lgbtq dominated forum site

and of course almost all of the men youve mentioned are indians. dont get me wrong im not being racist, im bengali myself. and i know for a fact how misogynistic these men can be. they love to shit on kpop and koread drama, solely because women like it. men like these are so pathetic and disgusting and they flock everywhere 

Oh, I’m just dying to know—what exactly made you think I was spewing misogynistic comments? Was it my insightful observations about the FL’s actions, or perhaps my call for accountability in how we judge male and female characters? Please enlighten me on which specific comment of mine was so full of hate and untruth that it warranted such a dramatic label. I’m all ears!

hmmmm:

For some mysterious reason, the comments section of this drama is infested with misogynists saying all sorts of offensive things. They are a very loud minority here, I even suspect it's one or two guys with multiple profiles who tries to validate his opinion this way. Very annoying but all they want it's attention. I suggest block this guys since they really don't add nothing to the discussion. Here it's a list of some of these misogyny spreaders (more can be added later):

Innocent

Living Tribunal

Khairul Islam Sifat

Vincenzo 

mooc

You are wrong to call for a mass Block on these accounts. It's ludicrous. MDL has an option to Block accts AND to Report specific comments. When you Block an acct you aren't able to see them in comments anymore, as if they were never there in the first place. REPORT the comments if they're offensive to you. I hope everyone remembers a little thing called freedom of speech (unless it actually defames or harms someone). 

I get it. You find their comments to be highly offensive. I took your list (5 accts so far) and read all of the comments (don't ask me just how long and tedious that was) and 2 were HIGHLY offensive so I Reported the comments and Blocked them. Two accts, I've read their comments under other drama profiles and they've been consistent in their views. Neither have displayed the language that they used UNTIL this drama. Which leads me to think neither have the experience to communicate as affectively when pushed into a corner as the one I decided to Friend.... One account aligns with my own views and was highly intelligent in their perception. It takes critical thinking to understand this drama. Your thread is just you needing others to agree with you.

REPORT the comments and BLOCK the accts and let others make up their own minds while reading the comments. Do you care about freedom of speech at all? If you take away someone else's, then your's could be next.

am I the only one who doesnt see a problem with their comments? i havent read every comment under that drama, but the ones i see from those accs are genuinely talking abt the show and it looks like yall just dont agree on some aspects of said show...

Thanks for the thoughtful response, chingu @LucyL ! I completely agree with using block or report where needed. But just to clarify—I got called a misogynist for simply pointing out how the ML in one drama gets hate, while the FL in another does the same thing and hardly anyone reacts. Funny how that works, right? ? I’m all for freedom of speech, as long as we don’t start handing out villain labels for stating opinions.

Living Tribunal:

Oh, I’m just dying to know—what exactly made you think I was spewing misogynistic comments? Was it my insightful observations about the FL’s actions, or perhaps my call for accountability in how we judge male and female characters? Please enlighten me on which specific comment of mine was so full of hate and untruth that it warranted such a dramatic label. I’m all ears!

Come on now, you KNOW usually when someone has thought critically about a character(s) in a drama and is able to express an unbiased view of said character(s) the first step is to limit the speech of the commenter by calling someone something which they, more than likely, have just heard others say and are repeating it like a 3 year old does the first time they hear a new word. 

Thamk you for your insightful comments. I like critical thinkers. I don't like sheep, because they're usually trying to squash freedom of speech. I like those that have the life experience behind them TO BE critical thinkers, whether they're much older or a youth. And yes, there are many youth on MDL who have shown they are able to be open to the perceptions of older people and in a way, a tiny way, that's sad. It usually means they've had a hard life so far. 

One final add: I have NOT watched  Go Back Lover. I added it and will start it tomight after reading this thread. I want to see what the hooha is all about. My observation posted here is based upon reading this thread and the comments, but above that is my opinion is based solely on freedom of speech. 

Goldenbomberfan:

am I the only one who doesnt see a problem with their comments? i havent read every comment under that drama, but the ones i see from those accs are genuinely talking abt the show and it looks like yall just dont agree on some aspects of said show...

I did see some problems in the comments from some people, but I believe it was a heat-of-the-moment thing. The thing is, compared to what the ML of Dear Hyeri is getting for similar commitment issues, the FL of this drama is not receiving as much hate so I believe most of the guys are really pissed about that ?

Goldenbomberfan:

There are 1 or 2 comments which contain highly offensive words that ANY female would find fault with. I won't repeat them here. You'd have to read them for yourself.

LucyL:

There are 1 or 2 comments which contain highly offensive words that ANY female would find fault with. I won't repeat them here. You'd have to read them for yourself.

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, let everyone make their own decisions, I've just exposed some people who are clearly saying misogynistic things. If you didn't see anything wrong with their speech, I'm sorry for you. It's a good thing they have a woman like you to defend them, isn't it? As if they needed you...

Good bye

Living Tribunal:
But just to clarify—I got called a misogynist for simply pointing out how the ML in one drama gets hate, while the FL in another does the same thing and hardly anyone reacts.

You didn't need to clarify. I read their replies to you and I'm sure others have too. Do you think that I, as an elder woman, would Friend a misogynist? You were consistent in your comments under this drama, and didn't find you so. BUT if I do read other comments that contradict this, I will unFriend you. I unFriended one that IS on the list and Blocked his behind because he used several highly offensive words towards females in his comments. 

We both know there's an abundance of not being tolerant of others' opinions, not just on MDL. People don't think about things critically anymore. The word Debate comes to mind. The best description I've read is a "Debate is a process that involves formal discourse, discussion, and oral addresses on a particular topic or collection of topics". However, debate has, unfortunately, come to mean 'to fight'. It's a rather fallen world when the art of debate has already been reduced to mere name calling and Blocking. Shutting out anyone's differing opinion is being unwillingly to learn of a different perspective and unwillingly to have one's mind changed for the better (in Most instances). 

Everyone has the right to freedom of speech UNTIL they erroneously resort to name calling and slander another simply because they don't agree with their opinion. It's childish when all they have to do is report, block, or ignore.

hmmmm:
I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, let everyone make their own decisions, I've just exposed some people who are clearly saying misogynistic things. If you didn't see anything wrong with their speech, I'm sorry for you.

Then WHY the thread if you want to "let everyone make their own decisions,"? You suggested people Block them. Reread your original comment. I saw comments of people that offered a differing point of view/perspective. Two of the five you suggested to Block did write/peck comments highly offensive enough to Block. Two others I've read across MDL under several drama profiles and I wasn't surprised they were calling out the FL's behavior here. They've called out male and female behaviors. Another gave unbiased opinions and someone wouldn't know whether they male OR female unless they looked at their profile. The acct gave an informed critical opinion....which differed from yours.

Differing opinions don't warrant suggesting others Block accounts. The 2 who WERE offensive to this older than dirt female's eyes did deserve the Block. It's never alright to degrade others the way they did, but it's also never alright to disparage someone and call them something simply because your opinion differs from theirs.

My suggestion for you is to reread all of the comments you've found fault with and reassess them from an unbiased viewpoint. We sow what we reap. What goes around will come around. Want to curtail someone else's opinions then expect yours too will be curtailed. It might not be on MDL. It could be irl.

Edited to include the acct that did give an unbiased opinion. Now, it's time for me to watch what all the fuss is about. Then I'll give my own opinion in the comments, as an elder female who learned a long time ago that growing as a human means being open to the opnions of others and NOT wrapping myself in a bubble with my limited thoughts.