I'm participating in a challenge for Valentines Day and it's to name our ideal partner (with Valentines being all bout love and stuff) but it's not the actor but the character.

I think I struggle with a severe second lead syndrome or I might just be too in love with Dean Fujioka cause I keep thinking about a Taiwanese drama that he was a second lead in.

What are some great ideal partner characters out there to help jog my memory?

Who would your ideal character partner be?

For me, though he isn't my #1 favorite character ever, he is most certainly still a top contender and one I could actually see myself dating. Baek In Ho from Cheese In the Trap, played by Seo Kang Joon.

Right now Gang Doo from Just Between Lovers. He's amazing , treats the female lead  so well and all the others who actually deserves respect. He is so good for the FL, he wants her to be strong and stop apologizing all the time... He has this bad boy appearance and can be rude at times, but he is never cruel or an arrogant asshole.. Gang Doo is a kindhearted, selfless beautiful soul without being a pushover... and *gasp* he is not rich!! He is my ideal man :) 

I have a sadly low number of Japanese romances and romcoms under my belt, so my selection is pretty limited. buuut:

• Tanda from Seirei no Moribito is one of my top choices, if not the top choice. He let's Balsa do her thing (not that he could stop her even if he wanted to), is kind, caring, and respectful. 
  • Kaichou (Hyodo Makoto) in Koe Koi. I wouldn't say he is on an ideal partner level, but he is an extremely sweet and adorable character who you might imagine growing into an ideal partner.
  • Tsuzaki Hiramasa from NigeHaji. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but those moments don't come out without some character growth. I like his perspective of being equal to and fair with Mikuri, even though he becomes a little too analytical and stuck in his own head here and there. He always means well.
  • Zenkai Girl's Yamada Souta. An all-around good guy, and if I had to pick a fault it's that he might be too self-sacrificing/a push-over in regards to certain things (?)
  • Nanami Ryu from Totsuzen Desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu. Or at least until right before the drama falls apart. All the stuff about communication and being open/honest, I'll take.

Oobs! Didnt realize until now that this only applies for jdramas.. Sorry my bad.  

I just finished Zenkai Girl and I was tossing with him but the meek pushover part of his character frustrated me.

theairtwit:

I have a sadly low number of Japanese romances and romcoms under my belt, so my selection is pretty limited. buuut:

• Tanda from Seirei no Moribito is one of my top choices, if not the top choice. He let's Balsa do her thing (not that he could stop her even if he wanted to), is kind, caring, and respectful. 
  • Kaichou (Hyodo Makoto) in Koe Koi. I wouldn't say he is on an ideal partner level, but he is an extremely sweet and adorable character who you might imagine growing into an ideal partner.
  • Tsuzaki Hiramasa from NigeHaji. Frustrating as hell sometimes, but those moments don't come out without some character growth. I like his perspective of being equal to and fair with Mikuri, even though he becomes a little too analytical and stuck in his own head here and there. He always means well.
  • Zenkai Girl's Yamada Souta. An all-around good guy, and if I had to pick a fault it's that he might be too self-sacrificing/a push-over in regards to certain things (?)

Don't worry Versa I still thinks it's a good question for all countries ... this challenge is in a Japanese community I'm in. I easily have some Korean and even Chinese characters I love but I'm struggling with the Japanese. I think it's because a lot of the shows I watch are live action adaptations and the males in most of those have serious issues that don't lend them to being ideal partner worthy in their entirety.

Veruska1993:

Oobs! Didnt realize until now that this only applies for jdramas.. Sorry my bad.  

SamaJu:
I just finished Zenkai Girl and I was tossing with him but the meek pushover part of his character frustrated me.

It's been a while since I watched it. I was thinking he grew out of being a pushover by the end, but my memory is not so clear so maybe not lol.

from kdramas i think ko bok sil from shopping king louis or  han yeo jin from secret forest or woo soo ji from because this is my first life.  from chinese dramas xing er from princess agents or bai qian from eternal love. from japanese dramas i’d definitely pick minami  in long vacation. 

--Looks at husband--Personality wise apparently it is a combination of Yamaneko(crazy and needs to be in the spotlight) and well frankly Naruto....still touchy about the past.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWoTcIj311u_6YOi1xl-clg is his youtube channel..warning he is a nut..a very special nut

OldAnimeLady:

--Looks at husband--Personality wise apparently it is a combination of Yamaneko(crazy and needs to be in the spotlight) and well frankly Naruto....still touchy about the past.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWoTcIj311u_6YOi1xl-clg is his youtube channel..warning he is a nut..a very special nut

Yamaneko?! SRLY?! LMFAO that's a damn good choice but don't forget the athletes foot 

I personally would go with Kazehaya in From Me to You/ Kimi ni Todoke OR Yuki from One Week Friends- both are funny sweet guys

Ashlee:

Yamaneko?! SRLY?! LMFAO that's a damn good choice but don't forget the athletes foot 

I personally would go with Kazehaya in From Me to You/ Kimi ni Todoke OR Yuki from One Week Friends- both are funny sweet guys

yeah but once you get married there are things worse that Athletes foot you have to deal with...At least there is a spray for that.