Synopsis:
"Kirishima, Bukatsu Yamerutteyo" tells the story of two high school students who crosses social boundaries between the elite and lower class at their school. Maeda Ryoya, from the lower class, is a member of the film club, while Kikuchi Hiroki, from the elite class, is a non-participating member of the high school baseball team.

Cast:
Kamiki Ryunosuke as Maeda Ryoya
Hashimoto Ai as Higashihara Kasumi
Higashide Masahiro as Kikuchi Hiroki
Yamamoto Mizuki as Risa
Asaka Kodai as Nagoshi Yuuichirou
Suzuki Nobuyuki as Kubo

Okay I am starting this thread in hope of gaining some understanding on what actually went on during this film because I'm confused.

Although I did like the acting, the music, the cinematography, the camera angels, the actual things that took place in the film but I'm still sat here with the questions of:

- What was the point of the film
- Why wasn't Kirishima explained?!

I'm kinda frustrated xD

Anyways post positives, negatives about the film, fangirl over the actors and just enjoy ^_^
BTW, you got the title wrong

This movie is one of the most unique ending I've ever encounter, it let the audience to interpret the end and the whole story by themselves. I like this "show and not tell" storytelling. In my humble opinion, this movie puts Kirishima's character as a form of "mythology", he himself (almost) never show up in entire show. Yet somehow his presence, moving between the visible characters, is so strong and enchanting. I believe Kirishima is the epitome of someone in his/her comfort zone, with many folks clinging around and rely on him, something like "little king". He felt the popularity he's got wearing him down and it results in his breakdown (yeah, something like quitting the club and disappear). That's why he doesn't explain anything even to his closest friend (Hiroki). It eventually triggers chain of events and effects in the school, reflected by those people either relating to him or not. Some are felt threatened to be kicked out of their position/popularity due to his resignation, they are those who are on top, while some others are not even know it. Those in the middle, who are just meddle around others and do not trying to make up their mind, are also affected.

I think this show tells us to BE OURSELVES and not to be dictated by others, even though they are our closest companions. Just look at Hiroki's character, caught in the middle between his friend and a choice of being member of extracurricular team (baseball team). He cannot be himself because he is afraid his friend (and his girlfriend) will leave him as soon as he makes up his mind. Then, in the end, I guess what he will do is making a solid choice, though it is not shown in the movie. While the Kirishima Girls members (the 4 girls) are "forced" to take action individually due to the "screw-up" on the rooftop, and likely to break since the relation has weak foundation.
lontongstroong wrote: BTW, you got the title wrong

This movie is one of the most unique ending I've ever encounter, it let the audience to interpret the end and the whole story by themselves. I like this "show and not tell" storytelling. In my humble opinion, this movie puts Kirishima's character as a form of "mythology", he himself (almost) never show up in entire show. Yet somehow his presence, moving between the visible characters, is so strong and enchanting. I believe Kirishima is the epitome of someone in his/her comfort zone, with many folks clinging around and rely on him, something like "little king". He felt the popularity he's got wearing him down and it results in his breakdown (yeah, something like quitting the club and disappear). That's why he doesn't explain anything even to his closest friend (Hiroki). It eventually triggers chain of events and effects in the school, reflected by those people either relating to him or not. Some are felt threatened to be kicked out of their position/popularity due to his resignation, they are those who are on top, while some others are not even know it. Those in the middle, who are just meddle around others and do not trying to make up their mind, are also affected.

I think this show tells us to BE OURSELVES and not to be dictated by others, even though they are our closest companions. Just look at Hiroki's character, caught in the middle between his friend and a choice of being member of extracurricular team (baseball team). He cannot be himself because he is afraid his friend (and his girlfriend) will leave him as soon as he makes up his mind. Then, in the end, I guess what he will do is making a solid choice, though it is not shown in the movie. While the Kirishima Girls members (the 4 girls) are "forced" to take action individually due to the "screw-up" on the rooftop, and likely to break since the relation has weak foundation.

That was a very insightful reply. I understood most of that at the end of the film, but I wasn't really a fan. I didn't really care for the show and not tell approach. I felt like I was being strung along the whole time. And with all the awards it got, I went into it expecting it to be epic. I was disappointed. But it was unique. And maybe if I watched the movie again knowing what I know now, I might appreciate it more. but the first time I watched it I just ended up thinking, "What the crap did I just waste my life on?"
SayItAintSoJoe wrote: That was a very insightful reply. I understood most of that at the end of the film, but I wasn't really a fan. I didn't really care for the show and not tell approach. I felt like I was being strung along the whole time. And with all the awards it got, I went into it expecting it to be epic. I was disappointed. But it was unique. And maybe if I watched the movie again knowing what I know now, I might appreciate it more. but the first time I watched it I just ended up thinking, "What the crap did I just waste my life on?"

Frankly speaking, this movie is simply made not for everyone, especially those who are much into lovey-dovey and teenlit shows. There are much aspects to dig in and the depth are just beyond those usual shallow movies, that's why the casting is more rigorous than usual coming of age shows
Please add drama info per the guidelines. Clicky!:)

Here is the poster:
Really enjoyed this film. It was quirky and didn't spell everything out for the audience. The way that the same scenes/situations were told from different perspectives was interesting to me ... its like saying perception varies from person to person. :)