I want to watch Quiz Show 2, but do I have to watch Quiz Show 1 first? What's their relation?
From what I understand, you don't have to have watched the first one to watch the second one. I think they just follow the same basic plot, and that's all. But I never watched it.
You don't have to watch the first to see the second. They refer to the first one occasionally in the second, but you won't be lost if you haven't seen it.

My personal opinion, Quiz Show 2 is significantly worse than Quiz Show 1. It's like a poor imitation of the original. The story line is watered down and the acting was way overdone. By the end of Quiz Show 2, I was so tired of seeing people cry snot bubbles.
Also.. Tazaki-san is a way better host! because he just naturally seems crazy. I love sakurai sho but to be honest.. he doesn't fit the host as much as the one from Quiz show 1.
Sadisfied wrote: Tazaki-san is a way better host!
because he just naturally seems crazy.

YES! totally agree. And the interactions between the two male leads was much more believable in general in QS1.
Sasami wrote:
My personal opinion, Quiz Show 2 is significantly worse than Quiz Show 1. It's like a poor imitation of the original. The story line is watered down and the acting was way overdone. By the end of Quiz Show 2, I was so tired of seeing people cry snot bubbles.

So true.
the only aspect that was different was adding a character like Saejima.
Which I liked.

I really don't get why The Quiz show 2 has better ratings than 1.
Probably because of Sakurai Sho and the other pretty boy.
If you rate a drama just on an actors appearance, you really don't know what the storyline is about.
it's almost the same as 1 but redone by 2 pretty boys..
i liked quiz show 2 alot actually. lol. i never saw the 1st one. and i did initially check out the drama cuz i ♥ sakurai sho. before the quiz show 2 i didn't think much of him as actor, this drama changed my mind. but in spite of sho-kun i actually got into the story more than anything else. however some things didn't add up ----SPOILER:

why would a show like that remain on the air after the 1st 2 epis? and if this happened before why would they bring back a show like this and not stop it when history began repeating itself? the female producer was almost pointless cuz she let the boss's son, her junior take over her job but she was left with all the responsibility for his actions. and still the show remained on the air. lol.

END OF SPOILER.

also i don't think sakuari's host character was suppose to be crazy. he never came across to me as crazy. he came across as mean,lost, confused and sick. crazy was never smtng i thought of his character. crazy i thought was the honma-kun character with all his antics. i enjoyed the show and playing connect the dots with characters to see how the story would unfold.

so i guess i'm the only positive voice thus far for this drama. it's not perfect but it's good...still u should watch and see for urself.
A related question: I have seen The Quiz Show season 1 and now I'm undecided whether to watch the second season. Is it just the same story as in the first one, only with different actors? Like Gokusen does, for example? Or is it a real continuity? Or, perhaps, similar idea but completely different story?
quiz show 1 is mentioned a few times in quiz show 2. it seems like it's a similar situation to that which occured in quiz show 1 but unrelated. so there is only a bit of continuity where the game show is concerned but not continuity in the overall story cuz they are not directly related.