Hello everyone

I am curious how many mens are watching kdramas recently. I think there is some hype which also have an influence in different none korean countries :P

I am from switzerland and my first kdrama was "its ok not to be ok". I was very stunned the quality of the production and the storytelling. The content was also more likable then the hollywoodstuff. So these were the reasons that i started to watch more kdramas...

How about you ? ^^

Hi from Czech Rep. I watched only some japanese movies or few jdramas based on anime or manga (long time ago). Recently I found "I am not a robot", which was my first korean drama ever. I was stunned too... it has absolutely amazing story (romance, great comedy, light drama, scifi elements,...). I am rewatching it for 3d time and still loving it.

Then I wanted to watch more dramas/movies with Chae Soo Bin (main actress from that (not)robot series), so I watched Sassy Go Go, Strongest Deliveryman, etc... and started also other popular kdramas (Goblin - epic; Bring it on, Ghost - with charming Kim So Hyun).

I like japanese production a bit more, but I like korean dramas/movies too. I also now listen to kpop(t-ara,girls day,punch...), learned few korean words and hangul. :)

Yes, I am a guy and watch k-drama, my first one was I Am Not A Robot in 2018.

I love Korean culture in general, my girlfriend is Korean.

Yep! 

Mostly watching korean dramas, started with my love from another star

My first kdrama... hm.... I think I have to say Crash Landing On You.

It actually was quite a fluke that I started watching kdrama (been hooked ever since), I didn't even know the word "kdrama" at the time.

It's been over a year since I started watching, and the decision making process for starting to watch Crash Landing On You was just that Netflix was recommending it, and I've always been interested in North Korea, and I had nothing interesting to watch, so I just decided to give it a try.... a totally random thing. And the first episode just blew my mind, when she arrived at the north korean village at the end of the episode totally lost. I couldn't stop after that.

However before CLOY I had watched The Kingdom (zombie/joseon series), and I found it fun, but it's not exactly kdrama as CLOY is, although it did open me up for watching more korean content. And of course I thought "Hey, Parasite just won an oscar, maybe those koreans can actually make good entertainment" - lol.

And before The Kingdom I had watched Train to Busan... that's actually the first korean entertainment I watched that I appreciated fully. And the reason I watched The Kingdom was because of Train to Busan... I thought "Hey, those korean zombies were great in Train to Busan, maybe The Kingdom will be similar".

So, Train to Busan -> The Kingdom -> Crash Landing On You -> total kdrama addiction blizz

Of course!

I'm a guy from Hungary who's watching k-dramas a lot. Not only that I love k-dramas, but I also like the Korean culture, music, food etc...

My first k-drama was It's okay to not be okay. Before that I only watched Thai dramas. I'm super happy that I found that Korean drama, it made me being addicted not only to Thai dramas, but Korean as well.

No regrets.

Long time ago now. Maybe like 2008 ?

I watched some japanese dramas first, because I was already into that, mangas, anime, like Death Note or Kaiji.

My favorite : Liar Game.

Then 2010 or maybe a bit later, moved on Korean ones.

Dont remember exactly the first one. Should be City Hunter, as I was expecting to see korean adaptation of this japanese hero. But it was nothing about that. Still, nice drama.

Then, Miss Ripley (I liked the pitch), turn out to be crazy good actress. So I watched more drama with her.

I can hear your voice, is also a drama I watched in this distant past, 2013 maybe.

Today I don't watch many japanese dramas anymore, I have difficulty to find where to watch (and have a french subtitle).