I find kdrama do "female empowering" series pretty well, they don't go over the top or make it obvious. Sometimes I don't really realize I'm watching such a series until yesterday when I realized "hey all those in power are women!".

Often it's the other way around, the woman is the poor girl, sometimes a underling of a male boss, a cinderalla kinda story but subject to the ML will. 

It's fun to see things totally turned around and the women are the central focus and the men are just to enhance things.

Example of where women are in charge:

Search: WWW   
All the bosses in this series are women. From the FL, to her coworkers, to the competitor company where two are women bosses, and the antagonist chairperson is also a woman. And the men are usually just a extra in this series really, lovers or mentor role. Took me a little while to realize this. Well done!

Empress Ki   
In some ways the women didn't have it very good in this series, being a historical drama and all. But overall when I think about it the women characters were the most significant ones, changing the course of the story  in meaningful ways, of course the main character Ki was a woman and a total badass main character considering it was a woman character. If the story would be told without the women it would have been a boring rumble, the women brought twists at every turn.

Mother   
This is a total estrogen fueled series about women, mothers and daughters, and their bond. Males play minor roles.

My Golden Life   
Long time since I watched, but when I think about the series from this perspective I see that the women were the main characters in this series, and the men were supporting only... although providing fantastic acting. This is a sad drama about mothers and daughters, while the fathers are there and play meaningful roles, the women and the story are focus characters.

• Mama: Nothing to fear -Even in insurmountable mountains and demons, the love  will find ways to fight and make her child come first. That is woman empowerement.
  • Goodbye to Goodbye - coming together in motherhood and sisterhood and leaving douche husbands and immature boyfriends to the curve, to fend for themselves or grow more mature brian cells, is the name of the game in this drama.
  • Live - its a more down to earth type of drama, with a slice of life genre but watching the FL will give you that of a piece of womens struggles/tragedy and strength to LIVE inspite of those.