I'm watching Empress Ki for the 2nd time, and the main villain is so great that it blows almost everybody else out of the water.
I'm talking about Jeon Gook Hwan  in the role as Yeon Chul, the grand councilor. He's so scary, brutal and overwhelming that I can't think of any other villain character on the same level. He's my all time favorite villain, almost like the sidious emperor in Star Wars.

And also in Empress Ki is Baek Jin Hee  as Tanashili  (empress), a totally wicked character that is out of her mind, but at the same time a little pitiful character.

Another great character, in a sageuk drama, is Go Hyun Jung  as Lady Mi Shil in Queen Seon Duk. In a way she's a similar character as Yeon Chul, just the female version really. I didn't find her as scary and brutal, but a villain for sure, and a little pitiful character.

Other noteworthy are:

Ok Taec Yeon   as  Jang Jun Woo  in Vincenzo, a total sociopath.

Lee Jung Jin   as   Yi Rim | Lee Sung Jae  in The King: Eternal Monarch , great villain but not like a insane guy or a sociopath, just a smart villain.

Yoon Je Moon   as   John Mayer / Kim Bong Goo  in King2Hearts , a james bond level (Spectre) main villain.

Shin Sung Rok   as Lee Hyuk  (the emperor) in The Last Empress  , a total psychopath with a nice guy facade and a totally wicked psyche.

Kim Mi Sook  as  Paek Seong Hee  in Shining Inheritance   , a totally wicked step-mother that makes you grind your teeth with her evil doings.

ohhh interesting picks.... 

and so agree with s Go Hyun Jung  as Lady Mi Shil in Queen Seon Duk.  She is such a badass LADYLORD villain that ever was...

Lee JungJin was super Hot in The King: Eternal Monarch. but sadly he was under used in narrative and character development. he stayed one dimensional when he could have been so much more. 

Yoon JeMoon in King2Hearts is one of my fave insane villains. he was such unhinged and fun to watch.

others that I can think of are:

• Kim Kangwoo as Chae Dowoo in A Story of a Man. He was one awesome character in the drama
  • Song YoonAh as Choi Yoojin in The K2. She and the ML was mesmerizing and sizzling together. Until now I have my own alternate ending for them. but still as a villain she was great.
  • Lee Yoori as Yeon  MinJung in Come, Jang Bori is Here. she was insane and there were some funny times but she was what made that drama memorable for me
  • Lee Dongwook  as Seo MoonJo in Strangers from Hell. the characters in the drama were psychootic and he was the king and overlord of them all
  • Park Kiwoong as Kimura Shinji in Teh Bridal Mas. I've always been a fan of those types of friends--to-enemies dynamic. Gaksital tension is definitely that much memorable because of their narrative
  • Heo JoonHo as Yoon HeeJae in Come and Hug me. his brand of serial killer is so effective plus he  just carried that aura like he owned it
  • Oh Manseok  as Cho CheolGang in Crash Landing into you. I can't make a villain list with Oh manseok. I am a fan thus he is here.
  • Jo Soohyang as Kang Soyoung in School 2015. As bullies go, she is one I will forever remember
  • Lee Sungmin as Heo Jae in Money Game. The layers of Heo Jae displayed by Lee Sungmin-nim is one reason. he was just so good

Chun Ho Jin as minister Kim Heon in Love in the Moonlight; and also as Jang Tae Soo in House of Bluebird.

For the dramas I have seen:

-  Baek Hee Sung  in Fower of Evil.

- The Dr Mok  in Tunnel.

-  The pair of killers in Suspicious partner

I guess a lot depends on how one defines "great" in a villain. 

In my view, A LOT, and I mean A LOT A LOT of  K Drama villains are cartoonish caricatures that could fill in for Dr Evil in the Austin Powers films. For me, a truly great villain is rational, calm, in control, and realistic. IOW, someone who seems to have read and digested the "Evil Overlord" list . I also prefer villains who are demonstrably human, making occasional mistakes and misjudgements, not seemingly superhuman until the magicked happy ending. 

For those reasons, the villain who stands out as most credible, and most threatening, is Lee Kyung Young's Character in Forest of Secrets Season 1, with Jo Jae Hyun's Lee Tae Jun  in Punch and  Choi Jung Won's "elder"  mastermind in Healer rounding out the top 3.

burhaaadmi:

I guess a lot depends on how one defines "great" in a villain. 

In my view, A LOT, and I mean A LOT A LOT of  K Drama villains are cartoonish caricatures that could fill in for Dr Evil in the Austin Powers films. For me, a truly great villain is rational, calm, in control, and realistic. IOW, someone who seems to have read and digested the "Evil Overlord" list . I also prefer villains who are demonstrably human, making occasional mistakes and misjudgements, not seemingly superhuman until the magicked happy ending. 

For those reasons, the villain who stands out as most credible, and most threatening, is Lee Kyung Young's Character in Forest of Secrets Season 1, with Jo Jae Hyun's Lee Tae Jun  in Punch and  Choi Jung Won's "elder"  mastermind in Healer rounding out the top 3. 

Well, it's subjective what is a villain.

Is Thanos from Avengers a villain? For some, he's the ultimate environmentalist, just misunderstood :)

Madame Han and the TOP crisis management team from Graceful Family.

John Smith:

Madame Han and the TOP crisis management team from Graceful Family.

EXCELLENT example, thanks for the reminder!

burhaaadmi:

EXCELLENT example, thanks for the reminder!

No problem. It was one that sticks with me because of how real, but not real, but maybe real, but hopefully not, but would not be surprised, type of villain that was written. I watched the drama because I think Im Soo Hyang is talented (and beautiful), and ended up enjoying the drama overall.

Teacher Kim from Sky Castle

BeomJin from Class of Lies

GyungMin from Hot stove League 

Sun Minsik and Lee Jae Joon in Doctor Prisoner

Kaneki Masayuki in Voice 3

Bang Je Soo in Voice 2

Mo Tae Gu in Voice 1