I like historical fiction but historical Korean dramas in particular are usually full of court politics and scheming old men and that's just boring for me. So any historical dramas that are low on the politics and heavy on the romance? I absolutely loved The Red Sleeve and Nagatan to Aoto: Ichika no Ryourijou. 

Well, since you love not only a K but also a J drama, I'll recommend some Cdramas... maybe you'll like it:

Chef Hua (2020)  [TOTALLy slice of life about living, working, loving, getting married, earning money, solving family problems]

My Wife's Double Life (2024) [Are crimes ok? For solving I mean]

Romance of a Twin Flower (2023) [Again: they also solve crimes / investigate together]

The Love by Hypnotic (2019) [been some time since I've seen but don't actually remember having anything about politics. The hint is that they get married for diplomatic reasons -not a spoiler-]

The Romance of Hua Rong (2019) [ well... Guy's a pirate]

The Sword and the Brocade (2021) [I really like it. Married life, younger woman teaching an older man about how a real love and relationship are like. PS.: ML already has other wives]

The Story of Ming Lan (2018) [TOO many epsodes, I KNOW. But first half is more about everyone being raised by their own families, so you can watch it faster until they all are actually adults] 

A bit of politics but not the central plot:

Destined (2023)

i have nothing to add as i dont watch historical drama but i relate so much to the reason you dont watch them xd

I can't watch korean historicals for the same reason. All the stories are usually heavy on politics.

My Queen - adventure, romance, comedy - FL starts in modern world and then plays a historical VR game. All characters are likable.
Eternal Love of Dream - xianxia with strong love story
Love Like White Jade - historical comedy with romance
King Is Not Easy - historical comedy with romance and body swap
Large Queen - chinese minidrama, comedy, romance
Drama Festival 2014: The Diary of a Resentful Woman - korean movie with nice romance story and no politics, funny

It's nearly impossible to avoid political scheming but these are lighter on the political intrigue (more of a subplot) and heavier on the romance (and sometimes comedy).

• A Love So Romantic (China) Historical RomCom with FL in a fake sibling contract with ML
  • A Female Student Arrives at the Imperial College (China) Historical RomCom with FL causing chaos as the first female in an all-male college. 
  • As Long as We Both Shall Live (Japan) Fantasy Romance Drama based on a novel where FL is married off to a family where the ML has strong powers even though she has none. I really liked this movie. ML's sister was the absolute best SIL for FL.
  • Blossoms in Adversity  (China) FL's family goes through many hardships, all because of the Emperor's insecurity. Thankfully, with the FL's leadership & creativity, and the ML's support, the Hua family survives and eventually thrives again.
  • Decreed by Fate (China) Historical RomCom with FL running away from her engagement by imperial decree. Not liking being forced into marriage, she starts helping other women by opening a divorce office far from home
  • Destined (China) Enemies-to-lovers trope where the leads have an arranged marriage early in the series. They negotiate a truce and plan to divorce once they meet certain criteria, but found they were better partners than they could have imagined. I found the ML’s mother an endearing and perfect MIL, as she imparts pearls of business wisdom to her daughter-in-law. Some political and business intrigue, as well as action scenes. Leads had great rapport.
  • I Feel You Linger in the Air: Uncut Version (Thailand) Time travel, fated mates, amazing production. BL
  • New Life Begins (China) ML is the 6th Lord and was sickly as a child so he tends to be quieter than his brothers. FL arrives into Xin Chuan as part of the marriage selection. She is quirky and hilarious, but also generous and kind. One of the best CDramas I've seen with wonderful sismance; the wives and concubines really supported one another. Slow burn romance with satisfying ending. Palace intrigue is a subplot.