I have many many dramas on my plan to watch list but I don't seem to be able to decide what to watch next. As a student, I have limited time and I kind of panic what to watch next because I have also limited time to watch dramas and I want it to be worth it (haha). I like many different types of dramas, as you can see from my drama list but at the moment I'm craving for an addictive historical drama (the country of origin doesn't really matter - I have actually watched only sageuks and would be really interested in some Chinese historical dramas) that's full of adventure, romance, drama... It really doesn't bother me if the drama is a bit cliche and soap opera like, I like to fantasize about brave princesses and heroes anyway... hehe! :D I'm not too picky about the historical accuracy although I'm interested in the history in general. What I do mind is the good characters, good actors and some kind of production quality. I love beautiful costumes, fast-moving, addictive dramas + some fantasy elements and martial arts as well. Feel free to recommend anything you want, I will check out all the recommendations and then decide what to watch! Thank you! ^^ 
+ I haven't watched really anything over 20 episodes but I'm okay to try those, as many historical dramas are longer than 20 episodes! I'm quite of an impatient person and that's why I'm a bit worried if I can make it through them... But well, at least I can try! ^^
Here's a list of the historical dramas I've seen, and how I have rated them:

• Gu Family Book (9.5 - great characters, good plot + the fantasy elements)
  • The Moon that Embraces the Sun (9.5 - loved the idea of the story although Han Ga In's acting left me a bit cold and didn't really represent what I would have wanted from the character)
  • Iljimae (9.0 - so hooking! Loved Iljimae and Lee Jun Ki. Quite illogical plot twists though which made me reduce some points)
  • Sungkwyunkwan Scandal (9.0 - I have actually made a review about this - very addictive and although kind of used idea (gender bender), it was used really well here. Loved the characters!)
  • The Princess' Man (7.5 - really well made, good actors but I never really got into the characters - also I didn't find the female lead that interesting to follow, unfortunately. Highlight to view spoiler: Also, I really lost it when the male lead started ruthlessly killing everyone he met - I just couldn't get over it TT^TT
Again, thank you for everyone who is willing to help! n_n
Shine or Go Crazy is pretty addictive with great costumes and romance and a fun hero  It's also a gender bender. Spoiler in white:a lot of people really disliked the ending, but I enjoyed the drama so much that I wouldn't I hesitate to recommend it
I really enjoyed watching The Three Musketeers (much more than I thought I would, actually) so you could definitely give that one a shot. It's also quite short for a historical at only 12 episodes.
Also, Arang and the Magistrate is one of my favorite dramas, and it's great as a historical fantasy if you like those elements.
Thank you for your recommendations! ^^ The Three Musketeers caught my attention, especially, as it was only 12 episodes long! Btw, feel free to recommend also those in my drama list, I have just gathered so many historical dramas to my plan to watch list but can not choose between them! :D I'm especially interested in following (I'm in the mood of lots of romance, adventure, etc. Something cheesy, yeah, but well made ^^): 

- Dong Yi
- Warrior Baek Dong Soo
- Prince of Lan Ling
- Princess of Lan Ling King (hasn't aired yet and it seems no one has no idea when it's going to air?)
- King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang
- Jumong (it's veeery long though!)
- Empress Ki

Of the two I have seen (Warrior Baek Dong Soo and Jumong), I wouldn't call either extremely addictive, but Warrior Baek Dong Soo certainly has its crack moments. It would've been much better if it was cut down, in my opinion. Too many filler scenes to be considered very addictive. However, it's beautifully shot and the fight scenes are glorious. The main villain was extremely annoying, though.

Jumong is very well-written but can be a snore fest at times (at least to me). I had to break the drama up into chunks to get through all of the episodes. 81 episodes is difficult to marathon, especially when it can be hard to keep all of the characters straight as in a historical drama. However, I never completely lost interest. I loved the main characters for the most part.
I would say you try Japanese historical drama called The Tempest. I've made a review on it as well. It has 10 episodes so it's really good for us busy students :D 
Dong Yi is very addictive for me ^.^
Thank you again for all the answers! ^^

It would've been much better if it was cut down, in my opinion. Too many filler scenes to be considered very addictive. However, it's beautifully shot and the fight scenes are glorious. -- Jumong is very well-written but can be a snore fest at times (at least to me). I had to break the drama up into chunks to get through all of the episodes

My friend has suggested me to watch Warrior Baek Dong Soo but I have also heard that it kind of loses its charm after some episodes. But I will certainly give it a go one day, especially (like you mentioned) when it seems to have some beautiful scenery. About Jumong - I'm actually very interested in it but yes, it seems that I have to put it aside for now as, at least at the moment, I will not have enough patience to watch it through. >.<

I would say you try Japanese historical drama called The Tempest. I've made a review on it as well. It has 10 episodes so it's really good for us busy students :D

Thank you for the suggestion for a shorter drama! I will certainly add it to my plan to watch list! ^^ 

Dong Yi is very addictive for me ^.^

Yes, I'm actually leaning more and more to Dong Yi at the moment! :D How's the romance and adventure part of the drama? :D

//EDIT: Owh, my quotes don't seem to work. ;; 
Girl, you have to watch Empress Ki. I just finished it recently and I was SO addicted. It's long, I know, but you won't mind. In fact you won't want it to end. It spans a very long period of time and you just get involved and in love with the characters and what their outcome will be. I'm the kind of person that NEEDS a happy ending, and I was put off for the longest time people said it doesn't end in typical happy ending style. But I'd just like to point out that this drama follows their whole lives. Everyone has their rise to power, power, and then fall. Everyone has an end. KWIM? So its still incredibly satisfying and you will love it. 
Faith seems to be close to what you are looking for in terms of the historical/fantasy element.  I enjoyed it a lot, given I was also looking for a historical/fantasy type genre at the time.

Faith
hello i just finished king's daughter su baek hyang and theres lots of romance in it damn nice. dong yi is really nice too but theres a middle portion that gets rather slow. i dont recommend warrior baek dong soo because its kindof boring. i myself am considering trying chi historical like prince of lan ling/condor heroes/scarlet heart too! XD i think empress ki is nice (havent watched) but the romance scenes is definitely less and not v happy ending either..
Hi there :)

I really enjoyed these dramas... perhaps there's something for you in there? There are a few that have been listed here already, too :)

- Faith a.k.a. the great doctor (Romance, Fantasy, action, later Goryeo if I remember correctly)
- The Three Musketeers (Comedy, action, I enjoyed this one a lot!)
- Warrior Baek Dong Soo (mostly martial arts and drama...in my opinion the first eps are kinda hard to watch because the story is explained but it gets better)

- Queen Seondeok (it's been ages that I've watched this one but I think I liked it xD the bad guys were exceptional... and I think the plot and actors were very good too :))
- Bridal Mask (very serious but good, a bit Romance)
- Emperor of the sea/ Sea God ( I want to be careful with this one...it has 55 Eps I think but I've only watched till ep22 because the others weren't available at the time.. I really enjoyed watching though)

- I love the live-action movies Rurouni Kenshin 1-3, they play in the early Meiji Era of Japan, acting and martial art scenes are superb! Check it out :) it's a must-see in my opinion ;)