has anyone seen a historical  drama with a concubine theme? I'm new to sageuk. :)
If you mean that a concubine is a main character of the drama, then I can recommend these: 

- Empress Ki (main char slowly rise from female warrior, to concubine and later she became a empress)
- Dong Yi (again main char slowly rise from low position to high position in royal court, she is portrayed as "good one")
- Jang Ok Jung (same as above, but main char is not so "innocent", "lighter" version of royal family life showed in Cruel Palace, but not so "innocent" as showed in "Dong Yi")
- Cruel Palace - War of Flowers (main char is a concubine and to my taste drama is "dark" as action of main char can't be described as only white or only black).

And also movie: Royal Concubine: Concubine of King

Hope you will enjoy :) If you need any help - ask, I will try to help as I'm sageuk maniac XD

WOW! Thanks for the list! Honestly, Cruel Palace, WOF sounds like what I was looking for. I have in fact started Emress Ki. It was absolutely wonderful, but it wasnt my taste at the time so I have it on hold. I plan on take all of my historicals off hold soon. I am really getting into them. I think from watching other dramas where they show the set of a historical (such as Secret Garden), it took a lot of fun out of it for me. The moon Embracing the Sun has really eased me into the genre better. Thanks so much for your feedback!!!!
Seeing your profile ("<3 Favorite Bitch") I'm pretty sure you will like Cruel Palace as main char is not innocent court lady, she do whatever it takes to achieve her goals and do not hesitate to be a "bitch" if needed ;)