Before I begin I must say that in my life, I have already watched many historical Dramas so I just don´t find any new great ones^_^ I would like to ask if anyone could recommend an historical Drama which isn´t yet listed on this list here: Finished: 1)Atsu Hime(japanese Drama) 2)Chinese Paladin(lol from the name...it´s a CHINESE Drama:p) 3)Damo(korean Drama) 4)Dong Yi(Korean and one of my absolute favorites!!!) 5)Duelist(korean movie) 6)Fearless(Hong Kong Movie) 7)Goong(not that much related but a little) 8)Gou~Himetachi No Sengoku(japanese Taiga and one of my absolute favorites too!!) 9)Hong Gil Dong(Korean Drama) 10)Hwan Jin Yi(Korean Drama) 11)und 12) Iljimae 1+2 13)IP Man(Hong Kong Movie) 14)Ja Myung Go(Korean Drama) 15)Jewel in the Palace(Korean Drama!!!!One of my faves too~) 16)Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008(Chinese Drama) 17)Mulan(Korean Movie) 18)Palace-The Lock Heart Jade(Chinese Drama) 19)Queen Seon Duk(Korean Drama aaaaand fave:D) 20)Return of the Condor Heroes(Chinese Drama) 21)Startling by each step(Chinese Drama) 22)Sungkyunkwan Scandal(Korean Drama) 23)The King and I(Korean Drama) 24)The Legendary Courtesan Hwang Jin Yi(Korean Movie) 25)The Moon that Embraces the Sun(Korean Drama) 26)The Painter of the Wind(Korean Drama) 27)The Tempest(Japanese Taiga) 28)Warrior Baek Dong Soo(Korean Drama) My plan to watch and unsure: 1)A Fistful of Stances(Chinese Drama) 2)A tree with deep Roots(I just can´t watch it at the moment somehow so please when you can don´t recommend) 3)Capital Scandal(Japanese Drama) 4)Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon(Chinese Drama but I can´t find it anywhere) 5)Da Mo Yao(Chinese Drama) 6)Hanaikusa(Japanese Special) 7)Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai(Japanese Movie) 8)Hideyoshi( Japanese Movie) 9)Hero(Chinese Drama) 10)Hua Mulan(Chinese Drama which I can´t find >_<) 11)Invincible Lee Pyung Kang(Korean Drama) 12)Jejoongwon(Korean Drama) 13)Jumong(Korean Drama) 14)Kim Soo Ro(Korean Drama) 15)King Geunchogo(Korean Drama) 16)Legend of the Military Seal(Chinese Drama) 17)Palace 2 - The Lock Pearl Screen(Chinese Drama) 18)Rurouni Kenshin(Japanese Movie) 19)Strongest Chil Woo(Korean Drama) 20)The Patriot Yue Fei(Chinese Drama) 21)The Princess' Man(Korean Drama one of these ones I just can´t stand to watch right now too~) 22)The Sword With No Name(Korean Movie) 23)Wind and Cloud(Taiwan Drama which I can´t find) Onn-hold: 1)Chuno(Korean Drama) 2)Pretty Maid(Chinese doesn´t seem to air fast and therfore on-hold) 3)Yi SAn(Korean Drama I can´t find the reason I don´t want to watch it) PHEWW It took hours for me to make this list.So I want ant to ask...is there any great Drama on my plan to watch list which I just should see(with exception of Tree with...and The Princess Man)Or any new great DRama?? I appreciate ANY help!:)
wow..you must like historicals O.O

I like Holy Pearl it's kinda silly and The Legend not as silly but still fantasy...
lol why can't you watch a tree with deep roots lol
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was a big hit in the US it was in theaters and everything it is a beautiful movie are you sure it's a drama?
I didn't like Princess Man and wouldn't recommend it.

http://www.mydramalist.com/korean-drama/665/road-number-one you didn't say how historical

http://www.mydramalist.com/chinese-drama/2969/startling-by-each-step super amazing loved it more serious than my other reccomendations
the Kingdom of the winds, the legend, oh and I would take Chuno off hold.. other than those three my only other rec. would be one that you just can't watch right now..
Mighty Chil Woo, Jumong, Kingdom of the winds :)
Jumong from ur plan to watch list. Yi San is pretty good.
I would recommend JIN (J-drama). only historical drama i have seen so far and loved it :) though didn't see it on your PTW list.
I guess I can't really help haha.
I've only seen a few historical - A Tree With Deep Roots & The Princess' Man are the only Korean ones (and the two you don't want to watch right now :p)
I've also seen Bu Bu Jing Xin (Startling By Each Step) and Mulan.

But that's it for the list of historical dramas I've seen so far.
Sea God/Emperor of the Sea (K-drama) Dae Jo-Young (K-drama) Yogi Yamada's Samurai Trilogy (movies): The Twilight Samurai The Hidden Blade Love & Honor
does yi san has a happy ending?
So historical. Historian? Curator? Dong yi is something I thought of. I tink recommended in above too.
So historical. Historian? Curator? Dong yi is something I thought of. I tink recommended in above too.
King Geunchogo Jumong Gyebaek- not on your list - not the best at start but it gets really good at the middle Yi San Kingdom of the winds Hur Jun- if you want to become a physician Three kigdoms- if you like philosophical dramas and war scenes.
I'd recommend JIN (jdrama). There are some disturbing scenes in it (mostly operations), but other than that it's a truly wonderful drama with lots of emotions and interesting plot. Also I've heard that Ohisama (jdrama) is appraised by many. I haven't seen it yet, but definitely going to. The main actress is Inoue Mao (from HYD). Also there is one more drama that's currently airing; Taira no Kiyomori (jdrama). There are some amazing actors in it; Matsuyama Kenichi, Tamaki Hiroshi, Matsuda Shota. Apart from it, I just couldn't enjoy the show. There were too much shouting in it for my taste, but who knows, maybe you'll like it. :)
phoenixtearz9 wrote: the Kingdom of the winds, the legend, oh and I would take Chuno off hold.. other than those three my only other rec. would be one that you just can't watch right now..

Thank You for the recommendations!I think I have heard ok Kingdom of the Winds before.It seems quite interesting and that about Chuno..I know when I am finally in the mood again for it then I'll give it a try!

Raventhedark wrote: Mighty Chil Woo, Jumong, Kingdom of the winds

Wow you recommend Kingdom of the Wind too~??I will give it a try for sure!Jumong too:)

jaeji25 wrote: Jumong from ur plan to watch list. Yi San is pretty good.

HAA one of the ones I can't bear to watch right now too:P

Zarnet wrote: I would recommend JIN (J-drama). only historical drama i have seen so far and loved it, though didn't see it on your PTW list.

Ahh don't worry about that!I have heard about it before too and the main reason was
to find more historical Dramas anyway^^

Crazy4You wrote: I guess I can't really help haha.
I've only seen a few historical - A Tree With Deep Roots & The Princess' Man are the only Korean ones (and the two you don't want to watch right now )
I've also seen Bu Bu Jing Xin (Startling By Each Step) and Mulan.

But that's it for the list of historical dramas I've seen so far.

Hehehehe you don't seem to watch many historical Dramas~Lol the reason I did write it like that,is that the only reccemdations I get are these two*~*Nothing else.I gave both of them already a try many trys but somehow...I don't like them too much>_< Maybe one day...

MonikaB wrote: Sea God/Emperor of the Sea (K-drama)
Dae Jo-Young (K-drama)[\QUOTE]
O.o the second one doesn't seem that familiar.Interesting!Thanks for
recommendation!I began to watch Emperor of the Sea already but it still did air then
and it took so long,still I didn't want to put it on-hold so it's still ptw :D

[QUOTE=sweet_angellesley;197730]queen seon dok

I already watched but loved that Drama!(^O^)

bannie wrote: So historical.

Historian?
Curator?

Dong yi is something I thought of.

I tink recommended in above too.

Well I love historical.
Dong Yi is one of my absolute favorites too!:P

Stranger_A wrote: King Geunchogo
Jumong
Gyebaek- not on your list - not the best at start but it gets really good at the middle
Yi San
Kingdom of the winds
Hur Jun- if you want to become a physician
Three kigdoms- if you like philosophical dramas and war scenes.

THANKs!I will give these of your list a try for sure:
1)King Geunchogo
2)Jumong
3)Gyebaeck
4)Kingdom of then Winds
5)Hur Jun(got curious about that)
6)Three Kingdoms(one of these I watched a few episodes from and then because of no time forgot again.....(T.T)

yaven wrote: I'd recommend JIN (jdrama). There are some disturbing scenes in it (mostly operations), but other than that it's a truly wonderful drama with lots of emotions and interesting plot.
Also I've heard that Ohisama (jdrama) is appraised by many. I haven't seen it yet, but definitely going to. The main actress is Inoue Mao (from HYD).
Also there is one more drama that's currently airing; Taira no Kiyomori (jdrama). There are some amazing actors in it; Matsuyama Kenichi, Tamaki Hiroshi, Matsuda Shota. Apart from it, I just couldn't enjoy the show. There were too much shouting in it for my taste, but who knows, maybe you'll like it. :)

Hahaha you made me want to watch it now(; Wooo I don't know where to begin...