I'm after something a bit heavier than a comedy, but with good outcomes for the lead characters. My requirements: -There must be a romance. -The main characters MUST SURVIVE! No terminal illnesses, no sudden deaths that come out of nowhere after everything is resolved just because the writers weren't satisfied with the previous victims. It doesn't have to be all roses and sunshine, but surviving the series/movie would be nice. -I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this kind of character is a staple of Asian drama, but it would be great if there aren't any horrible female antagonists. Horrible male antagonists are fine, but I'm a bit over petty, evil female characters. -No police, political, spy, or war dramas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
200 Pounds of Beauty seems fit :) no police, politics spy etc :) comedy and romance. Nobody dies. Also its a good ending :) Its about a fat girl undergoing surgery to get the man of her dream, on the way she discovers who she really is etc :)
I've briefly gone through your list and I would recommend:
-Tatta Hitotsu No Koi (J)- very nice romance, no comedy, no politics, no war, no evil antagonist (I am fed up of those too)
-Secret Garden (K)- it's actually a romantic comedy, but not the light type. It's definitely juicier than the usual romcom
-Autumn Concerto (Tw)- very classic romance. There's illness, but I've read you clearly about the outcome. ;)
-Scent of a Woman (K)- well, this depends a lot on what's depressing for you. I think this is a drama full of hope. Heavy stuff, but not the... lethal kind.
-Pride (J)- beautiful love story, great chemistry, very nice ending

:)
Bara no nai Hanaya, Full House, re-watch Coffee Prince.
Thank you everyone, I'll give these a try :-)
Kimi wa Petto
Fits perfectly. Lighthearted and certainly not as frustrating as some romance dramas. Very cute all in all.

And also:
Love Shuffle
Code Blue
Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~

The later two are more serious while the first two are more funny I suppose.