I prefer things where the characters are school-aged (highschool or college is fine). I don't like historical, martial arts, or time travel dramas. I've already watched Playful Kiss and I adored it. I couldn't finish Heartstrings (not enough emotion), Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (I didn't know what was going on in the first episode and I always hate that), and the one where the guy pretends to be gay to become someone's roomate (I can't remember the name). I don't like severe bullying, which is why I couldn't get through Hana Yori Dango. If the guy is just a bit of a jerk to her like in Playful Kiss, that's fine, but I can't stand people ganging up on someone. I also don't want for it to involve too many side characters, if there are any like that. I really only want it to be about the main couple. I don't care about the other people, really. Thanks for the help!
HMMMM... i think "goong" isn't to much its a great drama with great actors has a good story line and is set in school environment about two students who don't love each other at first but grow to love one another the guy is a jerk at first but he isn't too much (like hana yori/boys before flower). give it a try if you like my taste don't hesitate to ask for more recommendations :) Enjoy
A favorite of mine would be It Started With a Kiss (ISWAK), which is about a girl who has a crush on this genius in her grade and ends up living with him after her house collapses. It has a sequel called They Kiss Again (TKA) as well; both are great, and the chemistry between the leads is amazing. Another would be Dream High, which is about kids in an arts school, and my last rec would be Goong, which is about a girl in high school who gets married to a prince.
Coffee Prince and Shut Up: Flower Boy Band! Dramathon NOW!! or not... but both are really good.
I'm sure you've watched *Boys over Flowers but as you didn't mention it, it is one of the best. I enjoyed both Dream High's. K-Pop Extreme, Shut Up Flower Boy Band, *Rooftop Prince (isn't high school but amazing), Love Rain (starts in college and the second generation girl is in college), *Sungkyunkwan Scandal. I put stars next to my favourites but I liked the all. So much to choose from!!! haha :)
i don't think i can say a lot, because i haven't watched a lot of high-school kdramas... but i vote for Goong too... :) and PERHAPS you interested in jdrama too (for a side dish,maybe?lol), I really recommend "Switch Girl"..it mainly only focus on the main couple..no bullying..and it's only 8 episodes; about 25 minutes each...so it won't really take your time.. :)
The gay one you mentioned is Personal Taste.
What about You're beautiful? It's a must! The characters are young and there are many romantic as well as funny moments. Give it a try, you'll love it!
Dream High's are awesome, but I like the first one better. You're Beautiful is a must for sure. Personal Taste looks bad at the beginning but it's a really good one. Heartstrings is exactly like how you described actually; the guy is a bit of a jerk(too much actually) but it takes place in college. Flower Boy Ramyun Shop is a bit complicated at the beginning but you grow to love it, although it's kind of a high school, the lead girl is a teacher and the guy is a high schooler. Hana Kimi(a J-drama) would be one of my recommedations ofcourse. It's a high school drama and the guy is TOTALLY a jerk but he is kind in inside. Skip! Beat is a really good one too, the girl is a high schooler who is trying to get in the show biz.
I tried getting back into Heartstrings, and I was just wondering if there's any sort of character development? Not just that they realize they like each other or whatever, but do their personalities, outlook on life, etc. change? I'm not seeing any of that right now, and that's something that's really important to me in a drama. Also, I'm really only interested in Korean dramas right now.
kalicious wrote: I tried getting back into Heartstrings, and I was just wondering if there's any sort of character development? Not just that they realize they like each other or whatever, but do their personalities, outlook on life, etc. change? I'm not seeing any of that right now, and that's something that's really important to me in a drama. Also, I'm really only interested in Korean dramas right now.

Nope, it's a shame with the cast that they couldn't make it a better drama
travis wrote: Nope, it's a shame with the cast that they couldn't make it a better drama

Aw, really? I don't know if I can finish it, then. I have a really hard time sitting through dramas I don't like.