Do you know the feeling when you want to watch dramas but there's someone living with you who doesn't want you to and keep nagging? I live like that since my husband doesn't like asian dramas and doesn't leave me in peace when i watch them BUT lately i started watching The Bride Mask and it caught his interest and he began to watch it with me so i believe with a little effort i can make him watch asian dramas with me from now on, i just need the right dramas and i believe that you may help me. I will give you some informations that may help you in choosing the right recommendations : 1)He hates romantic comedies and melodramas. 2)He doesn't hate historicals as long as it's not a long drama. 3)He's a surgeon so obviously he enjoys medical dramas especially if it's surgical related. 4)Action, mystery, detective and horror are his favorites in movies so i thought it may help to mention them. 5)He likes psychology too i think (or maybe he's just faking when he's with me :D) I hope that you can help me, you will be doing a huge favor for me and saving me from hiding while watching dramas. Thank you in advance (^_^)
Maybe White Christmas, City Hunter, has he watched them with you? I saw them on your list. Iris might also pique his interest. I haven't watched it, but my unni and some of the other members have recommended it to me. I loved Little Girl K There's also Holy Land (there are Korean and Japanese versions).
I second Lis suggestions & add Gods Quiz - medical CSI type of drama theres 3 seasons of it - i havent seen it yet myself lol Special Affairs Team TEN - criminal psychologist drama I have seen it & liked it a lot & its only 10 episodes :)
LisNoir wrote: Maybe White Christmas, City Hunter, has he watched them with you? I saw them on your list.

Iris might also pique his interest. I haven't watched it, but my unni and some of the other members have recommended it to me.

I loved Little Girl K

There's also Holy Land (there are Korean and Japanese versions).

Sadly City Hunter had many romantic moments so he sort of disliked it and so is IRIS but he haven't seen White Chrismas with me so i believe i may force him into it.
I already added Little Girl K since it's too short he may like it but the female is the lead so i'm having second thoughts about it.
Holy Land is a good choice, it have boxing and he was once a boxer so it may get his intrest.
Thank you a lot :)

RainFlower wrote: I second Lis suggestions & add Gods Quiz - medical CSI type of drama theres 3 seasons of it - i havent seen it yet myself lol

Special Affairs Team TEN - criminal psychologist drama I have seen it & liked it a lot & its only 10 episodes :)

I will look into your recommendations, actually, God's Quiz seem perfect; it have a surgical side and a detective side too, i'm even intrested in it.
Thank you :)
btw, love your avi Go Team GB!
Wow!!! I'm super excited to recommend you some drama...Cause I like those genre that you mentioned... For now I just recommend you a few(I don't want to scare you..kekeke!!! MR.BRAIN - it's about using brain analysis to solve "perfect crimes" it's episodal..so every episode have different stories..and its only 8 ep. JIN 1&2 - it's medical/historical drama... Godhand Teru Detective drama BOSS 1&2 Black and White - do you consider 24 ep. long? if not you can also try this..It's mystery/action/detective drama... HERO Going by the Book - movie Kurosagi Maou Special Affairs Team TEN
Maybe...

Mystery/detective
[list][*]Face Maker--surgery mystery type thing, lol
[*]Ataru
[*]The Quiz Show--POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT: Part of the story involves a love interest, but it's in memory and it's really sick and twisted, far from "romantic" or "comedy."
[*]W no Higeki--decent. I know the story seems cliche, but they did it in a wonderful way. The beginning is good, but I didn't like the ending. Many people did though.
[/list]

This one isn't what you described at all, but I think it's a drama for those who like BritComs:
Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro
For now, i only have Time Slip Dr.Jin it's historical and the surgical element is plainly present as they show everything in detail (the cutting, blood and so on) so he may really like it or think of it as a practice or something :p
Kurosagi Chuno (Action and adventure...very very little romance and what is there is ...ummm spoilery) 24 episodes and really excellent fights. A Man's Story !!!! Revenge, psychological twistyiness! action and adventure. A real "Guys Drama" Ghost ~ NO romance...Police procedural, suspense and mystery. I've watched to ep 14 and there is no romance at all. Well written too. Does he like comedy? Don Quixote is very funny...Buddy comedy and no /very very very little romance. Pretty much non existent romance. But still so hysterical and cool. Dae Mul ~ Politics. Very well written, very little romance until the very end. Well written and acted. (Too bad he won't give Pride a try. It's so good. The world of hockey and macho guys but yes...romance too.)
darkangel662008 wrote: Wow!!! I'm super excited to recommend you some drama...Cause I like those genre that you mentioned...

For now I just recommend you a few(I don't want to scare you..kekeke!!!

MR.BRAIN - it's about using brain analysis to solve "perfect crimes" it's episodal..so every episode have different stories..and its only 8 ep.
JIN 1&2 - it's medical/historical drama...
Godhand Teru

Detective drama
BOSS 1&2
Black and White - do you consider 24 ep. long? if not you can also try this..It's mystery/action/detective drama...
HERO

Going by the Book - movie
Kurosagi
Maou
Special Affairs Team TEN

I love all of your recommendations !! Actually JIN and MR.BRAIN are one of my all time favorites but he haven't seen them with me so i will try to make him (it's also time for me to rewatch) and like i said, i love all of the recommendations above !

Kawaikochan wrote: Maybe...

Mystery/detective
[list][*]Face Maker[/URL]--surgery mystery type [U]thing, lol
[*]Ataru
[*]The Quiz Show--POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT: Part of the story involves a love interest, but it's in memory and it's really sick and twisted, far from "romantic" or "comedy."
[*]W no Higeki--decent. I know the story seems cliche, but they did it in a wonderful way. The beginning is good, but I didn't like the ending. Many people did though.
[/list]

This one isn't what you described at all, but I think it's a drama for those who like BritComs:
Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro

The "thing" made me laugh. Well, as long as there isn't a lot of romance in The Quiz Show , he wouldn't mind it.
Oh, how did you now about his boring BritCom? He actually have that side too so i believe he will like Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro, i already watched it and loved all i have to do is pretend that i haven't seen it yet for that he will watch it again with me :)
CheerfulSoul wrote: For now, i only have Time Slip Dr.Jin it's historical and the surgical element is plainly present as they show everything in detail (the cutting, blood and so on) so he may really like it or think of it as a practice or something :p

I already saw the japanese version, i don't know about the korean one, is it any good?

Jeaniessi wrote: Kurosagi
Chuno (Action and adventure...very very little romance and what is there is ...ummm spoilery) 24 episodes and really excellent fights.
A Man's Story !!!! Revenge, psychological twistyiness! action and adventure. A real "Guys Drama"
Ghost ~ NO romance...Police procedural, suspense and mystery. I've watched to ep 14 and there is no romance at all. Well written too.

Does he like comedy?

Don Quixote is very funny...Buddy comedy and no /very very very little romance. Pretty much non existent romance. But still so hysterical and cool.

Dae Mul ~ Politics. Very well written, very little romance until the very end. Well written and acted.

(Too bad he won't give Pride a try. It's so good. The world of hockey and macho guys but yes...romance too.)

Guys drama sounds good for him but i want to watch along :D but i feel A Man's Story sounds really good along with all of you recommendations i love them all yet no, i don't believe asian comedy will get through him since he's a boring english man somehow :p *looking around* (for that he doesn't see what i wrote )
Yes! Too bad i loved Pride yet i don't believe he will ever give it a chance :(
Aphrodite_Yuuki wrote: I already saw the japanese version, i don't know about the korean one, is it any good?

Guys drama sounds good for him but i want to watch along :D but i feel A Man's Story sounds really good along with all of you recommendations i love them all yet no, i don't believe asian comedy will get through him since he's a boring english man somehow :p *looking around* (for that he doesn't see what i wrote )
Yes! Too bad i loved Pride yet i don't believe he will ever give it a chance :(

Yes, i think it's good for now.
boring english man : I hope he sees that *evil laugh*
CheerfulSoul wrote: Yes, i think it's good for now.
boring english man : I hope he sees that *evil laugh*

If you compare it to the original japanese version, which one is better?
naah, he won't see it since he's spending the night at the hospital so save your evil laugh :p
RainFlower wrote: Gods Quiz - medical CSI type of drama theres 3 seasons of it

Special Affairs Team TEN - criminal psychologist drama I have seen it & liked it a lot & its only 10 episodes :)

I totally agree with these.. I have seen all of the first and second season, and am half way thru the third of God's Quiz TOTALLY awesome, I love/d it.. And the same with TEN..
I feel you, but not with husband; brother.. :P and my brother interested in bridal mask too, because it doesn't look like a drama.. :) so, based on what my brother or my male friends like, I second MR. BRAIN, JIN, and ghost.. also add Iryu 1-3, liar game, and bloody monday... and I know it's not in your criteria, but I really recommend 1 Litre of Tears.. All boys I know have watched it, loved it... eventho they have to admit that they cried for the drama... kekekeke
soracantabile wrote: I feel you, but not with husband; brother.. :P
and my brother interested in bridal mask too, because it doesn't look like a drama.. :)

so, based on what my brother or my male friends like, I second MR. BRAIN, JIN, and ghost..
also add Iryu 1-3, liar game, and bloody monday...

and I know it's not in your criteria, but I really recommend 1 Litre of Tears..
All boys I know have watched it, loved it... eventho they have to admit that they cried for the drama... kekekeke

I second all of them :D
and I'll add:
Byakkotai: historical drama, only 2 ep. ^^
Maybe Kami no Shizuku: drama that revolves around wine, there's little romance
LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~: criminal minds like ^^
Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~
The Equator Man: there's a little romance, but not the main subject