I'm currently adding books to my PTR list on Goodreads. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some. I'm pretty easy to please. I don't read much non-fiction. My favorite genres are fantasy, science fiction, and horror. I also enjoy romance and mystery/suspense.

It doesn't matter too much what the target audience is. Children's-Adult books, makes no difference to me. I just prefer that there be more text than pictures. ^^

If you have any autobiographies/based on true events stories, I'm game. When I read those, I usually like to read the ones that are about the Holocaust or really emotional (A Child Called It), anther one I enjoyed was Red Scarf Girl.

So, I hope I gave enough info to give you an idea of what I'm interested in. Please recommend something. :D
I'll go through your GR list later and see what you have and haven't read.
Screaming in the Silence is a must read.. ^^,
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9682277-screaming-in-the-silence
A great novel containing romance and much more...
Warning, the book touches by some serious themes such as rape and instability..
Mm..what about "Norwegian Wood" of Haruki Murakami?!Its a really nice plot and gives you a good sight of the japanese life at the 70's!!
LisNoir wrote: I'll go through your GR list later and see what you have and haven't read.

Thanks. :)
MonjaElisa wrote: Screaming in the Silence is a must read.. ^^,
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9682277-screaming-in-the-silence
A great novel containing romance and much more...
Warning, the book touches by some serious themes such as rape and instability..

Oh wow! That one sounds really interesting. It sounds like there might be elements of Stockholm Syndrome. I will give this one a try. :)

gkapps wrote: Mm..what about "Norwegian Wood" of Haruki Murakami?!Its a really nice plot and gives you a good sight of the japanese life at the 70's!!

Oooh I have the adaptation on my PTW list. I would like to read the book.
Jesse Peterson - Married with Zombies Zachary Rawlins - The Academy Louis L'Amour - any of his, good reads when tired of modern books with stupid protagonist
Have you ever read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein? xD I always take the opportunity to encourage people to read the actual book as it's one of my all time faves and so completely different than the movies. Just recently a friend of mine finished, loved, and rec'd a book that I haven't gotten to yet: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.
travis wrote: Jesse Peterson - Married with Zombies
Zachary Rawlins - The Academy
Louis L'Amour - any of his, good reads when tired of modern books with stupid protagonist

The first one sounds funny.

I like the synopsis for The Academy.

My friend is a fan of L'Amour too, I should give him a try. :)

christypop wrote: Between Shades of Gray

I am definitely adding that one. At first I was worried that it was related to 50 Shades of Gray. lol

Between Shades of Gray has really good reviews. ^^

gooseberry wrote: Have you ever read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein? xD I always take the opportunity to encourage people to read the actual book as it's one of my all time faves and so completely different than the movies. Just recently a friend of mine finished, loved, and rec'd a book that I haven't gotten to yet: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.

Frankenstein is one I've always meant to read, but haven't gotten around to. I'll add it. Maybe this time I will finally read it.
i pretty much read fantasy exclusively. the short list: lets start with the obvious, if you havent go read Tolkien, Shakespere the bronte sisters and Jane Austen. everything by David Eddings. Eddings is often hailed as a modern Tolkien. i dont agree. he's alot funnier than Tolkien and a lot less fussy, but his work is very much in the vein of what you htink when you htink fantasy, but not cliche. EVerything by Tad Williams. williams actually has a huge MMORPG getting ready to come out this winter based on his genre defying series "other land" which are my desert island books. Anne rice's earlier works are also favorites, her later stuff is good to, but not on par with the earlier stuff. dont stick to the lives of the mayfair withces and the vampire chronicles. novels like The Mummy and Violin are just as good. Howl's Moving CAstle by Diana Wynn jones is a short read, (only 200 pgs) the first time i read it i turned back to page one as soon as i was done. i also reccomend the book of wonder by Lord Dunsanay and suggest the author Tanith Lee.
cityhunter83 wrote: i pretty much read fantasy exclusively.

the short list:

lets start with the obvious, if you havent go read Tolkien, Shakespere the bronte sisters and Jane Austen.

everything by David Eddings. Eddings is often hailed as a modern Tolkien. i dont agree. he's alot funnier than Tolkien and a lot less fussy, but his work is very much in the vein of what you htink when you htink fantasy, but not cliche.

EVerything by Tad Williams. williams actually has a huge MMORPG getting ready to come out this winter based on his genre defying series "other land" which are my desert island books.

Anne rice's earlier works are also favorites, her later stuff is good to, but not on par with the earlier stuff. dont stick to the lives of the mayfair withces and the vampire chronicles. novels like The Mummy and Violin are just as good.

Howl's Moving CAstle by Diana Wynn jones is a short read, (only 200 pgs) the first time i read it i turned back to page one as soon as i was done.

i also reccomend the book of wonder by Lord Dunsanay and suggest the author Tanith Lee.

I have read the ones in bold, or some of them lol. I'll check out the others and see if they catch my interest. :)
you're the only other person i know of who has actually read howl's moving castle, it is easly my favorite stand alone novel.
"house of the scorpion" is by far my favorite book. i'm sure you will like it is a fictional book about clones.
Diba wrote: "house of the scorpion" is by far my favorite book.
i'm sure you will like it is a fictional book about clones.

Thanks. :) I just added it.