Though I like the unique aspect of asian dramas sometimes I want something different. So is there a romance drama out there without all the extra drama that usually happens. The story itself doesn't have to be drama free but as long as it isn't till the point of being totally unbelievable like some of the usual melodramas that are out there.

So you want a romance without melodrama?  do you want a comedy?  thriller?  can the romance be true but secondary to the story?

I'll suggest the following from my favourite dramas because I think they're well drawn relationships that focus on characters

Healer - It's a mystery/crime/corruption story but the romance is wonderful and not the main story

Faith - Fantasy/Historical.  There's a lot of ridiculous shenanigans kidnappings, poisoning etc but it has pretty much the best relationship I've ever seen between the main characters; communication, cooperation, no love triangles.  there is a bad guy but he's flawed and you understand at each turn why he does what he does

Fated to Love You - although the 2 middle episodes made me cry my eyes out, in this drama there's some fantasy (animated snails, the ability to freeze or burn, crazy eye makeup depending on characters' moods, a silly laugh) there IS NO BAD GUY - this is super rare.  Although there's a bit of heartbreak, I do think there's enough comic relief to make up for it.

Reply 1998 - No drama, no bad guy.  just slice of life and good relationships - it's long though, episodes are 1 hour 20 minutes and there's 20 of them.

Reply 1997 (I haven't seen 1994 yet) again simple, well told relationships.  I found elements of the "mystery" in this removed focus from the story but make of that what you will

You're All Surrounded - Crime and true love.  Really great character development. Interesting plot.  the romance is not the focus but early on I didn't like the female lead but by episode 6 I cared about her so much and I wanted everyone to be happy.  Plot twists in this made me gasp.

Coffee Prince - again NO BAD GUY just people fighting their own preconceived ideas of love, with lots of support from people who love them

Baek Hee Has Returned - Older Leads separated in their youth: hilarious and only 4 episodes - an easy emotional (in a good way) watch

I've taken a bit of a licence here, some of them have a fair amount of drama, but that's only because I don't quite understand what your idea of drama is.  In the ones I've suggested there's no "Evil Mother In Law"  or no one who wants to keep the lovers separated for no apparent (or a totally ridiculous) reason. There's also no endless crying by the actors (something i really really hate - it makes me feel less for them).  Another thing I'm not a fan of is "Noble Idiocy"  by that I mean "I'm gonna break up with you because I think I'm bad for you, I really love you but I'm gonna pretend I hate you because I want you to have a good life and not think of me"  There is an element of that in Fated to Love you, but I give it a pass because I find the reason sufficient to the story. Of course all of this is entirely subjective :)  
@Nat youve basically described what i was looking for at the end. i didnt want the evil mother in law, the endless crying nor the noble idiocy. so youve suggested some good dramas. thanks!
you're welcome.  your post makes me happy.  I like to help :D
Doctors has a pretty dramatic beginning but quickly becomes more of a slice of life story.

Love O2O, if you want romance where the leads are smart enough to figure things out and how to solve them and actually talk to each other to avoid misunderstandings. Really refreshing! I want to see more of this type.

I'd recommend looking into offerings from other regions too, because as much as I enjoy the higher production values and better acting in kdrama, I'm often shocked at how much more natural romance (physicality, especially) is portrayed in tw, jdrama, and even cdrama.  Here's a few:

Time Between Dog and Wolf - highly rec, looking at your favs
All In
Beautiful Life - Best romance-centric Asian drama I've seen yet
Orange Days - Tied with ^
Too Late to Say I Love You
Long Vacation
Always
Pride
Nine Times Time Travel
Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
Que Sera, Sera - drama heavy, but very organic compared to most kdrama
Hear Me
In the Mood for Love

But if you're looking for top-tier romance and drama, look to England because Asian dramas don't even compete imo:  Brideshead Revisited (1981), Pride and Prejudice (1995), Poldark (1975), The Forsyte Saga, I, Claudius, Upstairs Downstairs, etc.  I'd also be willing to bet that the original Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Smiley's People would knock you over.

If you find an excess of melodrama to be a problem, I would point you to J-dramas where the romance tends* to be more subdued.

*[unless it's based on a shoujo or shonen manga and then it's probably ridiculous on purpose.]

Some examples:

Buzzer Beat
Cheap Love
Kimi wa Petto
Long Vacation
Sapuri (a.k.a. Suppli)
Satorare
Slow Dance
Soratobu Kouhoushitsu
Summer Nude
Virgin Road

I would especially encourage you to check out Soratobu Kouhoushitsu & Summer Nude if you're looking for more realistic romances.

I recommend Ho Goo's Love. It must be because I saw this drama recently, and I really liked. I think it's because generally TVN dramas have something very special.
439998040c5807a0b_w.jpg

Please Love the Useless Me (jdrama)
no jealous bitches :)
It's been a while since I saw most of these so I don't remember the details, but in general they're more atypical dramas (less drama and more honest & straight forward character)
  • "The Lover" (more of a slice of life than a rom-com)
  • "Witch's Romance" ( there might be a little bit of drama, but the last half of the series seemed to be decent, surprisingly no opposition from the parents, thought the ending might feel a bit rushed)
  • "Heart to Heart" (It's been a very long time since I saw this one. There might be times where you feel frustrated and apparently some reviewers said there was a bit of annoying drama in there but there was also times when the characters were straight forward with each other. Might be more of a hit or miss type of thing. If you don't take it too seriously you might enjoy it) 
  • "Ex-Girlfiriend Club" (it's also been a while since I saw this one, but give it a go and see if you like it.)
If you're looking for a very light Rom-Com drama then I suggest trying out short web dramas
(I haven't seen any of these, but check em out and see if they're what you're looking for. Plus they're short anyways so you won't waste too much time)
thanks everyone ive got some good suggestions!
LOVE O2O - this drama is defs the one if you want pure romance with no drama since in this drama once the couple gets together they stay together until the end. its so refreshing
Another for Love O2O. Never seen a plot like it. I'm not into computer games and when I read it was thinking alsort but I actually really enjoyed it. Did prefer the interaction through the game better than IRL though lol. Yang Yang was awesome. Must watch for a pure no annoying characters drama.