Hiya~

I've only watched one Taiwanese drama in my lifetime and I think I'd enjoy watching more Taiwanese/Chinese dramas if I get used to the language a little more (somehow I find it extremely weird if I don't understand a single word in a movie/episode :/), so I thought it'd be perhaps a good idea to start with movies.

Would you have any recommendations for cute movies? Preferably not too serious and easy to watch.

Also, please do not recommend movies where abusive relationships are romanticized (in case that's also a thing in c/tw-movies/dramas), I really can't stand that anymore.

Thanks!  

PS. if you have a small vocab list of basic words you often hear in Chinese/Taiwanese dramas, please share! I think it would make it much easier for me to watch series/movies in a language that is new to me if I can at least recognise some words :)
Oh thank you so much! I'll make sure to check all of these out! ❤

I forgot indeed to specify that HK is just as good too, thanks for pointing that out! ^-^
Bad Sister
Campus Confidential
Formula 17- It's a BL movie and is just super cute and funny

I have a whole list devoted to my favorite Taiwanese dramss, so feel free to go take a look at my profile under Lists tab

I have only seen a few Mainland Chinese dramas, but out of those, my favorites are:

1. Scarlet Heart
2. Boss and Me
3. Say That You Love Me
One Smile Is Very Alluring
Our Times
Both these movies are very sweet.
Since you've seen Devil Beside You and liked it .... 

Taiwan Movies:
Our Times --- Very very Cute and very very good!
Secret --- Very good, romance

Taiwan Dramas:
Why Why Love ---  Cute, same trio as Devil Beside You
Bull Fighting ---  Cute,  similar to DBY
Autumn's Concerto --- One of most popular, Cutest Boy ever, can act better than adults!
In Time with You --- Cute romance... One of best T-dramas!
I tried 3 times writing the list of "Cute"   Taiwanese and Chinese movies/dramas .... but it keeps getting cut off!!  :P

I also added a few Mandarin words/expression, but didn't show.  Let me know if you still want that list. :)

For movies, you might wanna try hear me. Its light hearted and little spoken words since they use sign language most of the time
But I really liked The apple of my eye and Our times. 

Let me know when you're done with movies, I have tons of dramas to recommend :D
wow, thank you all so much, I'll check them all out! ❤

@rainruma: if it's not too much trouble, a small list would be lovely!