I'm looking for a drama in which much screen time is devoted to showing the strong friendship between two or more people. Ideally, it would have a light-hearted atmosphere, with lots of hilarious situations. I don't want a drama in which... (1) they are more friends than rivals and go through periods where they are antagonistic towards each other (sort of like the relationship between Sakura and Ino in the anime Naruto), (2) the friendship between two people eventually become love (ideally, I want it to stay a friendship through out the drama), and (3) there is a lot of angst. Some examples of what I'm looking for would be like... The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry (which covers the lives of three career-oriented middle aged women who become friends as they try to improve their love lives) Seigi no Mikata (even though the sisters seem antagonistic, in the end, they are always there for each other--- plus it's hilarious) Nobuta wo Produce (about the efforts of three friends who try to make a bullied girl in to a popular girl) Soulmates (which is a very funny and interesting take on the various relationships between close-knit groups of people) I look forward to any recommendations. Thank you for reading my request.
A Gentleman's Dignity (quite similar to The Woman Who Still...) Sungkyunkwan Scandal (Joongki and Ah In had this amazing bromance) Reply 1997
Hana Kimi, the 2007 version Dream High 1 A Gentleman's Dignity Gokusen Nodame Cantabile Yuukan Club Mei-chan no Shitsuji 9 ends 2 outs And there are a lot more that I can't remember right now :) JDramas are better with the friendship thing
What's Up
Shut Up Flower Boy Band
White Christmas (a lot of psychological pressure)
God of Study
Sungkyunkyan Scandal
Dream High
Last Friends (there's a lot of angst here)
Long Love Letter
Ouran High School Host Club
Perfect Girl Evolution (has Kame and some other Johnnies trying to make a horror girl look like a normal girl :p)
Taiyo to Umi no Kyoshitsu (this has a LOT of friendship you want)
Q10 (the same director as Nobuta, the lines delivered are heavenly~)
Cat Street (though only 6 eps, one of the best friendships out there)
Please update your list,it would be easier to recommend. But if you haven't watched those, you might like them. Hana Kimi ( Japanese first of course) Hungry! Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu Tokyo Friends Samurai High School Nodame Cantabile I'm into Kimura Takuya now, so I will promote his dramas too: Pride - additionally to friendship it has a great love story Good luck!!- more about professional senpai - kouhai relationship, but it's really great.
4winkay wrote: A Gentleman's Dignity (quite similar to The Woman Who Still...)

beca256 wrote:
Dream High 1
A Gentleman's Dignity
Nodame Cantabile

VioletSakura wrote:
Shut Up Flower Boy Band
White Christmas (a lot of psychological pressure)
Dream High
Ouran High School Host Club

Elisabetta wrote: Please update your list,it would be easier to recommend.

Hungry!
Nodame Cantabile

I second (or third) these.
Thank you, everyone!
GTO 2012 hammer session
from last season rich man poor man would fit what u are looking for. sprout would also be good. teen drama, lots of romance, lots of friendships. i was gonna suggest nobuta wa produce but u already have it up there.