To be exact I'm looking for the more rare dramas with female leads that do the protecting or fight alongside male leads?
Not so much talking about personality in general, but more so their role as shown in the examples.

Example Scenarios: Female Bodyguard/Spy/Vampire/Superpowers
So far I think The King 2 Hearts, IRIS have a similar feel in terms of some of the female roles.

Thanks! =)
Female Bodyguard stories :
- Sweet Sweet Bodyguard (but there's not much bodyguard stuff so I actually wouldn't recommend it for strong female lead)
- Wild Romance (Also more of a romantic comedy than anything else but still she does her job.)

Spy stories :
- Call of the Country (undercover agents, the male mc is still very protective of her but she's the one taking risks)
- Myung Wol the Spy (Really funny)

Fantastic dramas :
- Bring it on, Ghost (she's a ghost helping an exorcist)
- Cheo Yong (a female student ghost helping a policeman)
- My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
- Psychometrer Eiji (she's a cop getting help from a student with superpowers)
- Raak Boon (the main character is a woman in possession of a cursed box)

Police dramas :
- 7th Grade Civil Servant
- H.I.T.
- When It's At Night
- You're Under Arrest

Other :
- Destined to Love You (she's an instructor in an army school)
Ie uru onna
( don't be deceived by the house selling plot because it's a great watch, give the first episode a try, the female lead is very different from the dramas I've watched so far and the drama itself has lots of refreshing new characters)

Gokusen
(she's a cool teacher, fighting for her students)
Oh! How could I forget Gokusen? Shame on me. I second that one.
Cruel City (Lee Jin Sook)
Age of Youth (Yoon Jin Myung, Yoo Eun Jae, Kang Yi Na)
Good Doctor (Cha Yoon Seo)
They're all Japanese :)

Doctor X
Gokusen
Ie Uru Onna
Tantei no Tantei
-- Empress Ki  --- She fights alongside the warrior, then rules alongside the emperor
-- Queen Seon Duk --- She fights alongside the warrior, then rules the country ..... The female villain, Mi Shil, is smarter and cleverer than any male villain (Not b***y, just a  great No-Apologies Villainess!)
-- Wild Romance ---   She's his bodyguard, and can kick his butt !! .... He's a professional baseball player and she's a die-hard fan of the  opposing team... a comedy!

Chinese Wuxia / Historicals.... the women fight alongside the men!
-- Sound of the Desert ---  She's was raised among wolves ... Fights against him in battle of wits..... and fights  alongside him on the battlefield.
-- Prince of Lan Ling --- She's helps brainstorm more than actual physical fighting.
-- Legend of the Condor Heroes ---  She's the brains of the operation.
-- Young Warriors (of the Yang Clan) ---  The mother and some of the female lovers fight alongside the warriors.