It's most likely a drama that's between 2000 and 2010. Basically it's about a guy who got accused of murdering the chairman in a fire when he was innocent. In the fire accident, some bad guy whom the chairman trusted caused the chairman to go unconscious and then the main innocent character came along to help the chairman but got struck by an object to his head so then he fell unconscious as well. I don't remember much but i think the main character somewhere along the drama changed his identity and stuff & there was this girl he liked. Also, I remember a part when his mother stayed up all night preparing a food present for a party of rich people he was attending and when he went there, they just threw it to the ground because they refused to accept a present made from poor people. His mother also passed away at one point and it was very emotional. 

Any help would be appreciated!

bump...
because, after reading the description, I'm curious about this one too.
Can You Hear My Heart maybe? But the story didn't exactly go like that...
Green Rose

The description here in mydramalist is scarce, but you can look it on wikipedia (but it has major spoilers) and will found the details you previously mentioned.
^ When I read that it (Green Rose) was based on the Count of Monte Cristo (my all-time favourite movie!) I was like "must put this on my list now". xD Thanks~

I'm also curious so bump! 
@fanitha
Thanks, that was what it was called! :)