So I know this is a bit illogical since it's a remake of an American show, but I would appreciate any input. I was "saving" this show because I had really high expectations and, true that my prediction, I'm having withdrawal effects lol. Here are the aspects I really liked about The Good Wife:

1. Overall production and quality: a rare combo of good writing and good acting. Everyone shone in his/her role, no annoying characters and the pacing was great. Other aspects like music, scenery, outfits, etc were excellent.  

2. Female lead is not overly idealistic. I really like how Hye Gyung is pragmatic, in and out of the courtroom. She does start off somewhat idealistic, but that gives her room for character growth. 

3. Female lead involved in Battle of Wits: Hye Gyung has to think and act smart with her case work and general life issues 

4. Leads trying to one-up each other: like above 

5. Kim Dan-like character: I just loved every aspect of her. She's cool, confident, capable and morally conflicted to boot. After that scene in ep 1, where Hye Gyung remarks it's lucky Kim Dan and the security guard were from the same hometown and Kim Dan smirks and replies that she's from Seoul, I was hooked. Can you tell cool, pragmatic females are my favorite haha? 

Obviously, it's the combination that made this drama so good, but a drama with any of the above aspects would be good. I'm only watching Korean dramas atm, but I'm open to anything for when I start venturing.

Thank you very much!  

Signal - the female lead has a very strong character and it also has a solid storyline