Ok, so what I'm looking for is something like Mr Brain, in the respect that the lead is someone who isn't a cop assists in solving crimes, generally because of their incredible intelligence or people-watching abilities or some sort, but I'd also like the lead to be.....weird, or...eccentric....or...'stupid" (seen by other people as stupid or lame [mentally], but is actually like, a savant), like, not normal, maybe most people can't really get along with them.  Preferably the secondary lead would be a detective or a police officer in general, but that's not necessary, as long as their helping the police solve crimes or something similar. 

I would prefer the show not be one of those, like, 3 or 4 episode series, at least 8-10 eps, but longer shows are fine (I watched all of Ugly Alert, twice).  Any kind of genre/setting is fine, as long as crime solving is the general gist of the show (ancient china, near future Korea, current Japan, whatever) and as the title says, I would prefer if there was at least a noticable romance undertone, it doesn't need to be a primary focus or anything, but I would like for us to see it develop a little or know it's there.

The setting doesn't necessarily NEED to be crime solving, but at least something kind of similar, like mystery solving, or private eyes, or etc

Thank you for any time spent reading this.

I Remember You
City Hunter - this is less detective-y and more revenge driven
The K2
Okay so I have just started them but maybe the Galileo series would fit your category? 
Or else, "ST Keishichou Kagaku Tokusou-han (2013)"- " ST Aka to Shiro no Sousa File (2014)" would be ok too? 
If something else come up to my mind I'll edit my post :) 
Love me if you dare
shikaku tantei higurashi
beautiful mind
Mysterious Incredible Terminator
Galileo
When A Snail Falls in Love
Gods Quiz Series
Siren
Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku
Tokyo Dogs

signal- voice(airing)- TEN1 - TEN2- pied piper- phantom- i remember you
hidden identity-Dr. frost - Cruel city-cheo yong- 38 task squad 
Somebody else has already mentioned it, but I second 'Love Me If You Dare'. It's better than the somewhat silly name implies.
signal
beautiful mind (sorta detective-ish, but more of a medical drama.)
i remember you
healer 
pinocchio
the village: achiara's secret (a horror crime thriller with like sorta romance but not really)