I recently finished watching Initiation Love and was obsessed with it.

I've been looking for films (or even dramas) like this for a while yet they are difficult to find. It doesn't have to have a big twist at the end like Initiation Love did, but something that shows the downsides of romance or even friendship, what can happen when things go really bad. Preferably not with a happy ending, as I'm looking for something a little more realistic.

What I liked about Initiation Love was its portrayal of a new romance, how everything seemed perfect at first but there was always something a little off about it. And then when it unravels, it is revealed what was there all along.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Even though my list is mostly Japanese and Korean, I'm fine with movies and dramas from any country.

Why do you think happy endings denote 'unrealistic'?
Pride - at first, they get along very well, but their relationship falls apart as they realize they're not exactly perfect for each other (they do make up though)

I'm Home - it starts as a mystery drama, but it focuses more on the family aspect; it's about a man who can no longer recognize the faces of his family and he tries to find out why. At first, they seem the perfect family, but as we delve into the story, we discover more and more problems within their relationship and the male lead eventually discovers the core of their problems and tries to readjust his life.

Love Shuffle - it has comedy, but it also touches on some psychological aspects. It's about a group of friends who start to date each other in order to find the perfect partner for them, after they all went through a bad relationship previously. And they find out that the "perfect" partner for them isn't exactly the one they first expected.

Date - Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira - it's a bit quirky and it's a bit more of a comedy drama, but they do explore what are the downsides of a relationship, and I especially liked the ending because it sends a very insightful message - somewhere along the lines that no relationship is ever perfect and it takes work and devotion on both sides

I haven't seen Initiation Love, so I don't think those dramas are exactly on point, but they do explore the downside of romantic relationships. Hope I helped a little! :)
Norwegian Wood, if you're looking for lots of unhappiness lol.
@PrettyCarEye, I’m not saying happy endings denote unrealistic for every romantic or friendship drama. But they are fairly unrealistic for a drama about a relationship or friendship falling apart that focuses on the downsides of it.

@lwyn Thank you so much! I’ve seen Love Shuffle but I’ll check the rest out.

@Major Exactly what I’m looking for, thank you!
Que Sera Sera
Byakuyakou
I'm sorry I love you
Thank you! Those recommendations sound great.