I know this might be an impossible task but I'm looking for historical dramas that don't end in tragedy, I've seen Faith so I know it ends pretty well but others I've seen such as Iljimae, The Moon that Embraces the Sun and others end in tragedy. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a historical drama that ends happily (and by happily I mean not everyone dying and some happiness given). Er if there is a thread already like this please direct me to it thank you :D
Although it's long, I would recommend Jewel in the Palace. Sungkyunkwan Scandal has a happy ending too. There's also Arang and The magistrate, even though I haven't finished it yet, everyone told me that it has a happy ending.
Yay thank you guys so much! I'm so sick of sad ending dramas. I mean they're good but I'd like to have dry eyes at the end or have happy tears. XD
Although it's both historical and present, Queen In Hyun's Man has a GREAT ending!!!!!
I'm not usually a historical drama type, but the ones I love are The Princess' Man and Jewel in the Palace. Both have great happy endings.
I saw "Historical drama" in the subject title and my ears perked up Then I saw "happy ending" and then wasn't so excited anymore. T_T; If you're ever in the mood for a historical drama with a sad ending (isn't that spoilery? xD), though, then I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Bu Bu Jing Xin (I think it's called Startling By Each Step in English, which is a totally bull name but oh well). Give it a shot if you'd like XD
Startling by Each Step isn't really an unhappy ending...just a realistic one..lol Princess Man has a stupid unrealistic ending.. I wouldn't recommend it. I would recommend Warrior Baek Dong Soo...just don't watch the last episode...same for Hong Gil Dong :) and Iljimae
Well...realistic in this case means unhappy (of course using my own definition of unhappy [MY OTPPPPP!!! lol] )
I heard pretty good things about Iljimae though :O!
You can try Jumong, Jejungwon, Dae Jang Geum and The Princess's Man
The Princess Man even if some say* looks at other posts* that the ending is unrealistic, it got a wonderful happy end. The Return of Iljimae also got a happy end.
Same here, same here! I love historical dramas yet they all end in tragedy! I want some happiness already, otherwise it's too depressing! lol, but I still keep watching them :D
Thou I wouldn't say that Iljimae & The Moon that Embraces the Sun had sad endings, they were pretty positive in my opinion

In recent years King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang had a happy-ish ending & so does Scholar Who Walks the Night & The Four (2015)
Orange Marmalade had almost half it's episodes as a past story which ended sad-ish, but in the present happy, so it sort of goes in the historical happy ending category?

Are there any other new historical dramas with happy-ish endings?

Dong Yi

Queen In Hyun's Man

My Only Love Song