I'm watching a lot of dramas these days but I can't find one that really takes my attention, the romance is boring and not that well structured in most of them. The couples get together after a few episodes and the remaining half of the drama is just them being in a cheesy relationship that I find cringey and really really annoying. Definitely not my style lol. I'm searching for a  drama where the romance is captivating, passionate and there are dramatic scenes between the leads that make your heart ache, where you can see the tension between the leads. If the end is tragic it's better but it's okay even if they get together (but only at the end).

Some examples of that kind of romances I really like are Ja Myung Go, In Time With You, Soulmate.

i have never watched those dramas but if you want a drama where the leads get together in the end i  recommend u-prince series. there are 12 stories in total but you dont have to watch all of them.

• I'm sorry I love you
  • Sore demo ikite yuku
  • Byakuyakou
  • Love that makes you cry
  • Que Sera Sera

When I read the thread title I came here to recommend In Time With You! Some similar options (although most of these are fairly cheesy and all of them have happy endings, or at least open endings that suggest happiness):

• Attention, Love! (tw drama) - the ML rejects the FL relatively early on, although he arguably already has feelings for her at that point, and they live together or in the same building for most of the drama
  • Go Ho's Starry Night (k drama) 
  • I Need Romance 3 (k drama) - just like in ITMY, the FL dates another guy in the middle, even though the ML confesses very early on and they live together for most of the drama 
  • Dream High (k drama) - things change in the last episode
  • I Hear Your Voice (k drama) - although the leads live together for most of the drama and are both aware of the other person's feelings for a good portion of the drama
  • Imperial Doctress (c drama) - after all the build up it's literally just strongly implied that they end up together in the last couple seconds of the drama

Based on your description, I feel like you might be more inclined to enjoy Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (the leads definitely don't get to enjoy a typical cheesy relationship, there's a fair amount of dramatic / heart-achey scenes, and the ending is fairly tragic). Also it's been a really long time since I've seen it so my memory for the details is a bit fuzzy, but I think the Princess' Man might interest you. 

Edit: I haven't seen it (I try to avoid tragedies), but based on everything I've heard about Gaksital / the Bridal Mask, that might also interest you.