Hi everybody! There´s a drama that I liked a lot, "Tornado girl": it is about a girl who does taekwondo and competes (it has romance, friendship, etc) and I was wondering if you have some suggestions: it can be dramas where girl knows martial arts, or just some professional sport (it would be perfect if she trained martial arts at some pro level, but lol i think tornado girl is the only one with that)

I have seen already Lighting, my mr mermaid and river moon. If you have suggestions, please tell me:)

Taereung National Village (lead female's sport is archery, but it also includes judo, swimming, gymnastics)

Finding Argenta (pole vault; this is a single episode drama special)

zeamays:

Taereung National Village (lead female's sport is archery, but it also includes judo, swimming, gymnastics)

Finding Argenta (pole vault; this is a single episode drama special)

Thank you very much!

This is what i came up with after thinking about it some time:

Not an asian drama but the Netflix series Sense8 has some great martial arts scenes. Bae Doo Na is kicking ass there^^

JDrama Jiu has a female lead who is good in martial arts.

KDrama Little Girl K has some great action. the female lead is some kind of a martial arts killing machine.

KDrama Powerful Opponents is about some Bodyguards with the female lead being a bodyguard herself. Don't remember if she fought a lot though.

The KMovie Punch Lady is about a woman who begins to learn to fight to bring down her abusive husband.

KMovie She's on Duty. The female lead is an undercover agent who can put up some good fighting.

The same goes for the KDrama Sweet Spy.

CDrama When a Snail falls in Love. The female lead does know how to defend herself but I don't remember if she fighted a lot.

KDrama Wild Romance is about a female bodyguard who has to protect a baseball star. Other Dramas with female Bodyguards: Myung Wol the Spy, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (the female lead is just really strong don't think she has knowledge of martial arts), Protect the Boss, the TWDrama Sweet Sweet Bodyguard. 

KMovie Volcano High is about a martial arts high school.

KMovie My mighty Princess.

KDrama Dr. Champ. It's about Judo but the female lead is only the doctor of the national Judoka team.

JDrama Muscle Girl. It's about female Wrestling. 

KDrama Punch. About a female Boxer.

TWDrama Fighting Spirit. Centers around Taekwondo.

And last but not least: The countless Hana Kimi Versions. Centered around a sports High School. The main lead is a High Jumper. I think the female lead is in Track and Field, Running. I loved the Japanese Version from 2007 a lot.

Hope this helps^^

Chinese drama Old Boy - it doesn't focus on martial arts, but female lead goes out boxing when she is stressed. It's maybe... 5 minutes during the entire series, but she *does* know boxing. 

A fist within four walls - HK drama with a couple of females that fight (including an old lady, my favourite character in this show :D), but the series is... extremely cheesy /typical for HK shows/, so watch the trailer first and if you do not like these fake effects, you will most probably suffer watching that drama. 

Korean movie Special Lady - it's about a gangster lady, and she does some fighting with her enemies. 

Not really similar to the show u mentioned, but maybe you'll like it?

- Weightlifting fairy kim bok joo!!!!!

@maltreti thank you very much for your recommendations!! I saw the korean version of hana kimi and I liked it a lot, so I will try japanese version too:)

Haeju:

Chinese drama Old Boy - it doesn't focus on martial arts, but female lead goes out boxing when she is stressed. It's maybe... 5 minutes during the entire series, but she *does* know boxing. 

A fist within four walls - HK drama with a couple of females that fight (including an old lady, my favourite character in this show :D), but the series is... extremely cheesy /typical for HK shows/, so watch the trailer first and if you do not like these fake effects, you will most probably suffer watching that drama. 

Korean movie Special Lady - it's about a gangster lady, and she does some fighting with her enemies. 

Not really similar to the show u mentioned, but maybe you'll like it?

thank you for the recommendations:))

fanitha:

Weightlifting fairy

anushka:

- Weightlifting fairy kim bok joo!!!!!

thank you!

mysteryqueen9:

@maltreti thank you very much for your recommendations!! I saw the korean version of hana kimi and I liked it a lot, so I will try japanese version too:)

You're welcome^^

That makes me happy. Hopefully you'll like the JVersion as much as I do. Happy Watching^^

Most of the sports show  Iknow  have the guy as the athlete 

✔️ Suspicipious Partner.... Both female leads know martial arts but only use them a few times 

✔️ Hot Youngbloods.... Girls fight a lot in the movie

✔️ Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.... She beats up gangsters and other criminals