I love the dark atmosphere of this drama, but the one who really sold it to me was her character. 

She is the female lead I want to see more often in kdramaland. A grey female lead character is always a welcome, particularly if they are written with this kind of depth.

The character was made to be highly realistic in my opinon, she needs money and this has turned her into a different person than she would like to be, still she remains smart and knows exactly what to do in most situations. She alo gives off this really cool air around her. 

Futhermore, i enjoyed that by the end you could tell that she changed a little, but she never felt like a compeltely different person and never became a fool just because of love.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something similar to this?

The only thing I can think of that's very similar is Just Between Lovers.
Just Between Lovers portrays a lot of realistic events and problem's in life. It doesn't exactly fit what your looking for but it is similar. The cinematography is also amazing.

But I gotta add. Damn! My Mister is an amazing drama. I have been able to relate to it so much and every time I watch it am just hooked in and I feel like I am experiencing the pain as it is happening in the drama. I also love IU so much and her cuteness in Scarlet Heart, Producers, Moon Lovers but watching My Mister and how different Lee Ji An is from the other characters IU has played, I am truly in love with her.

Unfortunatly i already watched that one, but i really gotta agree with you. They both had a similar air around em and thus i really loved em both

Thank you for the suggestion~

sean:

The only thing I can think of that's very similar is Just Between Lovers.
Just Between Lovers portrays a lot of realistic events and problem's in life. It doesn't exactly fit what your looking for but it is similar. The cinematography is also amazing.

But I gotta add. Damn! My Mister is an amazing drama. I have been able to relate to it so much and every time I watch it am just hooked in and I feel like I am experiencing the pain as it is happening in the drama. I also love IU so much and her cuteness in Scarlet Heart, Producers, Moon Lovers but watching My Mister and how different Lee Ji An is from the other characters IU has played, I am truly in love with her.

Wuaaah it's quite difficult to find something similar to My Mister but there is this one show (not sure if you've heard of it) called Tomorrow With You. They're both slice of life dramas but Tomorrow With You has a fantasy element in it and a bit of romance, and they both have similar aesthetics in terms of the cinematography. The story is a bit slow paced at the beginning of Tomorrow With You but it's kinda important for the character development (you get a somewhat familiar feel to My Mister).

Well I hope that was enough to persuade you cos both of these dramas are on my favourites list (;^▽^)>

Happy watching!!

I haven't watched this drama but with your description of a "grey FL" I would say:

• Nagareboshi - she works as a hostess and due to being in debt thanks to her brother she decides to get in a contract marriage trading her kidney for money
  • Soredemo ikite yuku - she has lived traumatized due to her brother being a murderer (when he was a kid he murdered a little girl), she then crosses path with the victim's brother)
  • Marriage Contract - she also enters a contract marriage trading her kidney or liver (I don't remember) for money so her daughter is left with something after her death since she has a terminal disease

For me Seo Eun Gi in The Innocent Man is also a female lead with grey character. She is written in a way the world is her enemy so she wearing a mask and rude with people like Jian.  She is also abit twist. She is a heirs unlike Ji An.  but she is also has a painful past.

Female lead in Que Sera Sera is also a grry character and not a candy type. 

I can't really think of anything as imo My Mister is so far one of the best dramas I've seen, and her character is so so tragic...  

Anyhow, some cool female lead dramas:

The Suspicious Housekeeper

Mrs Cop

Misty

maybe the JDrama Innocent Love (I really can't remember what the female lead was like)

Mother (KDrama and the JVersion)

maybe Tantei no Tantei (the female lead is driven by revenge and comes off very cold)

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (great Movie)

maybe N no Tame Ni (the female lead has a really difficult family situation that totally turns her life upside down.)

maybe Byakuyako (haven't watched this yet but heard a lot of good reviews)

Todome no Kiss (the female lead, girl-who-kisses, has a tragic past and comes off as creepy/indifferent at first)

+1 Soredemo, Ikite Yuku

Ashita, Mama Ga Inai

I know this is a little different but the JVersion Boku no Yabai Tsuma of the American Movie Gone Girl is really something you can try out. It is 9 Episodes and after telling the story of the movie in the first two Episodes the drama develops the relationships and characters further. It's definitely worth it.