I was wondering if there were any dramas where you read the synopsis and was like 'wait really?? this is so ridiculous/over-the-top/crazy/stupid' but watched it anyway and was pleasantly surprised by how good or entertaining it was, even if it might not be the most flawless drama. 

Any number of Japanese dramas are like that, really. Sexy Voice and Robo, I Have Nothing in My House, and Tamagawa Office of the Dead (I mean those titles alone!) are only a few that came to mind. I mean, yeah, those three in particular were ridiculous at times, but suprisingly, they also tugged at your (well, my) heartstrings.

I have to agree with kura2ninja this has happened to me only with jdramas I don't remeber having this thought with any kdrama I have seen. These are some examples on the top of my head

Tumbling - with the synopsis and the picture I thought it was kind of stupid but I loved it! it's very heartfelt!

Kuzu no Honkai - the synopsis is over the top and sounds quite crazy but it's a very entertaining drama

Byakuyakou - this one sounds very crazy and messed up and it might be but you can not miss a second of each episode, the story really pulls you in.

• Samurai High School
  • Love, Exposure
  • 3-Iron
  • Time
  • Moebius
  • No Mercy For the Rude

All about time travel ... I always think  WTF? but then they catch me, and I never miss any. 

I can also add these:

https://mydramalist.com/23-kimi-wa-petto (Jdrama)

https://mydramalist.com/1009-castaway-on-the-moon (Kmovie)

Angel:

It happened to me with I'm Not A Robot!!!

This was what my post was based off of hahaha. I remember reading the synopsis and going 'uhhh... wtf?!' but it was SO good! 

And omg yeah Jdramas... some of them have the most bizarre plotlines XD 

sailorscout:
This was what my post was based off of hahaha. I remember reading the synopsis and going 'uhhh... wtf?!' but it was SO good! 

I know, right??? I honestly watched it OUT OF CURIOSITY and was pleasantly surprised after (despite being a bit confused from the first few episodes). Now, it's one of my feel-good favorites and I came to like its leads even more. They are so cute!! 

You know,  this question made my think about the absurdity of kdramas/asian dramas in general because I was going to list a bunch of responses until I thought about it and realized that a lot of scenarios that would be considered 'absurd' by normal standards have become sorta cliche by kdrama standards (i.e. gender-bender, amnesia, living together, organ donation by a love's interest's ex-SO , going to jail for someone else, etc).  Regardless, here were the ones I was pleasantly surprised by:  

• Baby-faced beauty
  • High School King of Savvy 
  • Angry Mom
  • Hana Kimi
  • Nobunaga Concerto 

The Chinese drama "My Prince" - the plot is wacky/ never been done before which made it fun even if it wasn't up to kdrama standards

tita_cba:
https://mydramalist.com/23-kimi-wa-petto (Jdrama)

Also applies to the 2017 version!

Definitely not the most over-the-top premise I've ever seen, but I put off Falling for Innocence for ages because I thought the concept was absurd. After a couple episodes I was even more convinced that I disliked the ML and the premise, but things were still interesting enough to keep me watching. I was very impressed that the writers managed to get me to ship the main couple in the end. 

1)Go princess go 

2)W: Two worlds

3) any gender bender drama

4) Ma boy

• Go Princess Go - I did not really ready the synopsis so I was just expecting your usual Time Travel drama, but when it finally watched episode, I thought it was so freakin out of this world ridiculous. I thought I should drop it after episode 1, but the my bipolar LOL-to-WTF reaction kept me engrossed, until I finished it all. I ended up loving everything about it, it also didnt hurt that the leads had great chemistry, plus the FL was so into acting so funny character.
  • Kenja No Ai - was drama I started out of pure curiousity based form some comments here. and despite hot it gabe me that punch and kick in the gut feels, It was one very compelling narrative. Plus the 'couple' in this drama just made stick with the despite me wanting to look away.
  • On the Way to the Airport - I hate dramas that centers around affairs..sS this is not the ridiculous type drama that is being asked, but I find plots like this ridiculous also. and then the trailer made me check out episode 1, and despite how slow everything seems to be, the mood and aura and tension that this drama brought was just top notch. The main couple who was tip toeing with being in an affair, just had that palpable tension between them even in silence and distance. So good to watch.

Todome no Kiss XD I mean death by kiss and going back in time over and over again