Hi MDLer,

I am searching for a drama that amaze me. I feel like I watch a lot of stuff but nothing really great, lately.

Please don't just recommend anything. I want something with 

- an amazing fantasy or supernatural story like W or Gu Family Book. 

- a great love story being part of it without a real love triangle. 

- strong female lead has to be strong.

- tension/ tears / life or death situations

- great OST

- outstanding side characters

- less then 30 episodes!!!

- all Asian productions are welcome 

Thank you so much! :D

Here are a few... I hope you like them :D

1. A Korean Odyssey

2. Rebel: Thief who stole the people

3. Splash Splash Love

4. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

• Nirvana in Fire - more of wuxia genre but this is a 51 episode drama, For me, this is the best drama ever. it is like a mixture of Game of Thrones and Count of Monte Cristo c
  • Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms
  • Bu Bu Jingxin
  • Queen Inhyuns Man
  • Nine Times Travel
  • Todome No Kiss

The flame’s daughter has great OST, drama with the best side characters (none of them are boring, and the drama gives each side character enough room to flourish while give them the end they deserve unlike a lot of other dramas where the side character’s story got push aside and their ending often ignored or overlook). There is no love triangle either, to me it is one of the best love stories cdrama has to offer (even though it is not as romance eccentric as other romance drama out there). It ticks your boxes except it is 52ep long :( if you get to 15 and don’t like it, it is not a drama for you :)

Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat

I just finished watching this and I loved it!  This is the second Thai drama I've completed (dropped all the rest except Kiss Me) and maybe because of that I found it really interesting and original.

This is a time travel drama with ghosts, reincarnations, an irrepressible FL and an epic romance.  I don't know if the OST is great, but the side characters are outstanding.  It is 15 episodes, each just under 2 hours.

I hope you enjoy it. :)

I second Nirvana in Fire and Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms- long but epic dramas

Misty- currently watching so idk how it ends but has a strong female lead

Secret Love Affair- strong female lead with some amazing acting

The Legend of Concubine Zhen Huan- weak FL but we see her transition as she gets older into a bad ass! (very long but worth it)

Save Me- very dark and twisted drama but I found it to be one of the best I've recently watched

(no fantasy but great dramas)

+1 Ten Miles of Peach Blossom 

Angry Mom--it kept me to the edge of my seat, GREAT female lead, very fleshed-out characters and just in general felt like a breath of fresh air in a sea of formulaic dramas. 

Just Between Lovers

Dear My Friends

Live up your Name

My Beautiful Bride

✔️ Goblin 

✔️ Werewolf Boy 

✔️ While You Were Sleeping 

✔️ Circle ( no romamce) 

✔️ Love Me if You Dare 

✔️ Millionaire's First Love ( no supernatural) 

✔️ Go Away Mr Tumor (strong female, great true story, some funny zombie fantasies) 

✔️ House of Flyong Daggers ( great romance,life/death, music, strong female, martial arts, cinematography)

✔️ Black (supernatural, romance, side characters, OST, life/death) 

Chicago Typewriter

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (and the original Scarlet Heart)

Tunnel (no romance or fantasy but really good drama)

Stevie70:

✔️ Goblin 

✔️ Werewolf Boy 

✔️ While You Were Sleeping 

✔️ Circle ( no romamce) 

✔️ Love Me if You Dare 

✔️ Millionaire's First Love ( no supernatural) 

✔️ Go Away Mr Tumor (strong female, great true story, some funny zombie fantasies) 

✔️ House of Flyong Daggers ( great romance,life/death, music, strong female, martial arts, cinematography)

✔️ Black (supernatural, romance, side characters, OST, life/death) 

Thank you, most of it I already saw. Good choices :)

Alila Nguyen:

The flame’s daughter has great OST, drama with the best side characters (none of them are boring, and the drama gives each side character enough room to flourish while give them the end they deserve unlike a lot of other dramas where the side character’s story got push aside and their ending often ignored or overlook). There is no love triangle either, to me it is one of the best love stories cdrama has to offer (even though it is not as romance eccentric as other romance drama out there). It ticks your boxes except it is 52ep long :( if you get to 15 and don’t like it, it is not a drama for you :)

Uh, I love the cast. Maybe I will give it a try. Thank you!

Hanah:

+1 Ten Miles of Peach Blossom 

Angry Mom--it kept me to the edge of my seat, GREAT female lead, very fleshed-out characters and just in general felt like a breath of fresh air in a sea of formulaic dramas. 

Both dramas are amazing! I already watched them but thanks to the great recommendations :)

My Amazing Boyfriend (the female lead saves the male lead a couple of times)

Legend of the Blue Sea (i think everyone has watched this though)

Master's Sun (Im not sure if it meets your female lead requirements because although she isn't a push over she isn't exactly the strongest either)

Princess Agents (has more than 30 eps but it was so good that I didn't even notice that I had watched 30 eps)

The King of Romance (it has some themes that deal with reincarnation)