Hey I have been really behind on watching lately and am looking for the best recent dramas. any country works for me. Thanks!

Off the top of my head, the dramas that stood out to me are Just Between Lovers (late 2017-early 2018), Come and Hug Me (currently airing, 12 eps out), and Euchalala Waikiki (early 2018).

The first two involve some sort of trauma and the characters trying to heal from it. JBL has a more lighthearted vibe while CAHM has a darker vibe due to its focus on crime and murder. The lead couples in both shows have amazing chemistry but there is definitely angst in their relationships (more so in CAHM). JBL is more refreshing and slow-paced, so it's a good show if you just want to watch a show that is calming and sweet. CAHM is more suspenseful and thriller-like, which may be more attractive if you're into shows that get your blood pumping. Both shows WILL give you the feels, so prepare some tissues haha

Eulachacha Waikiki is comedy at its finest. You'll grow to love all the characters (even the ones that seem annoying at first) and you'll die from laughter because the characters get themselves into the weirdest shenanigans.

• anone (Japan, a wonderful mishmash of slice of life, crime, and family drama)
  • Unnatural (Japan, drama about crime & forensic medicine, great interaction between its characters)
  • Kahogo no Kahoko (Japan, family drama with a bit of romance)
  • Argon (South Korea, drama about journalism)

Lawless Attorney (still airing)

Tunnel (not late 2017 but I still highly recommend it)

A Poem A Day

Just Between Lovers 

My Ajusshi

I'm Not a Robot 

Live Up To Your Name, Dr Heo! 

Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat 

Because This Is My First Life 

While You Were Sleeping 

For me that’s definitely:

- My Mister: definitely the best drama of 2018 and my second all time favorite, from the beginning till the end everything was perfect!

- Mother: I really love heart touching drama, and to see a chemistry other than a boy-girl (couple) relationship was so good, also the acting was perfect.

- I’m Not A Robot: Not a big fan of rom-com (I like them but it’s always the same generally) but this one stole my heart, this was really cute but not cringy at all, and the couple was the best I’ve ever seen!

- Misty: Definitely a mature story, really liked the plot and how it was really well developed and intelligent, also Kim Nam Joo was phenomenal.

- Just Between Lovers: Really liked the pace and how it was directed, the story was great and same for the acting. The chemistry between the couple was so good too and dark and tragedy dramas are definitely my faves.

And I’m just counting the dramas that was finished in 2018! 

As for now I’m really enjoying:

-  Wok Of Love: The story sometimes doesn’t makes sense but it’s so entertaining and funny + the three leads are excellent and same for the OST. And there’s FOOD.

- Come And Hug Me:  Really interesting story and the acting from both the adult and child actors is great. It’s different than Just Between Lovers but it’s a really dark tragedy too. And one of my favorite thing about this is the cinematography!

- Goodbye To Goodbye: I feel like we’re like 10 people watching this drama but it’s so far so good, and idk why are people sleeping on this? This is dark but funny at the same time + Jo Bo Ah and Chae Shi Ra are phenomenal and have a really strong chemistry. Definitely a feminist drama~

Because this is my first life

Age of Youth 2 

Avengers Social Club

Prison Playbook

Live

Laughter In Waikiki

my fave all Japanese are

Todome no Kiss
Final Cut
99.9 season 2

Currently airing Black pean  and hana nochi hare

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
Ito-kun A to E
Ashi Girl
Blade of the Immortal
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
BORDER: Shokuzai (watch the first movie before this one)
Namiya Zakkaten no Kiseki
100-manen no Onna-tachi
Saki ni Umareta Dake no Boku
Gintama

Second/thirding Because this is my first life, While You Were Sleeping, I'm not a Robot.

Adding Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, Witch's Court (currently watching) and Jugglers (currently watching)

My  Mister and Prison Playbook. 

Miss Hammurabi is currently airing and I haven't watched it yet but everything I've seen looks really great.

My Mr Mermaid (One of my all-time favorite CDramas)

These CDramas were also cute:

Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me

The Big Boss/The Big Boss 2