I am searching for historical dramas where either the male or female is forced to marry someone they do not like for political reasons but ends up liking them anyways, modern dramas are welcome but in that case it would be more for business reasons. Also I would like to point out that I am not looking for contract marriages and arranged marriages are welcome as long as they fall under the reasons given earlier.

Modern monarchies:

• Goong: the ML marries because his grandfather arranged the marriage, the FL marries to save her family from debt.
  • King 2 hearts: They both marry for political reasons (since the ML is from South Korea and the FL is from North Korea)

Other: 

• Something about 1%: the ML has to marry the FL if he wants to receive his grandfathers inheritance.

In addition:

• Princess Man - the main leads were forced into a marriage but the arrangement fell through and their family became mortal enemies, but the side couple actually had this type of marrige
  • Nobunga Concerto - this one is a historical fantasy fusion with time slip plot set i  the shogunate era. The son of a powerful overlord runs away, and the man from the present time gets mistaken for him because they look alike. Then he ended up getting married to a girl for political means.
  • Go princess Go - another historical fusion drama but more of the wackiest plot ever. Timeslip plot with the main couple being already married, and slowly fall in love. 
  • Bride of the Century - same case with nobunaga concerto where the look alike gets married in place of another and ends up falling for each other. Modern korean drama setting
  • Hapi Mari - the ML propositioned the FL for marriage because it was a move and agreement he has with his astranged family to be welcome back into the family, so not relly political gain more of business move for ML. They end up falling for each other. Kinda like something about 1% plot
  • Hateful but once again - the FL hated the ML guts but because she was bullied and promised career advancement by ML mother, she made it a point to get married with the guy. So it is not rrally arrangemed married in the usual sense cause the ML disnt know the backdoor agreement. The ML falls for her and She ends up falling for him too.

Maybe:

• Empire of Gold  - havent watched this but i remember there was a political struggle and arranged marriage in the plot. 

https://mydramalist.com/27416-khun-mae-suam-roy - Ml and FL are forced to marry due to his brother's will.

https://mydramalist.com/20114-oh-my-general - ML is forced to marry the FL who is the general due to King's order.