Can anyone recommend a drama as good as Signal? It doesn’t strictly have to have a supernatural element in it. It doesn’t even have to be a criminal/detective/mystery drama (although that is preferred, im open to other genres as well); I’m looking for an exciting watch that doesn’t drag or get boring in the middle.  I’ve already watched Tunnel and that was just an ‘ok’ watch for me. But so far, is there anything that approaches Signal when it comes to an edge-of-your-seat type of show? 

Nirvana in Fire  ლ(´◡`ლ)

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Nirvana in Fire but right now I’m looking to watch a shorter series. 

But I have NIF in my tbw pile :) the only thing is that I heard that it takes 20 episodes before it gets good and I don’t know if im willing to wait that long lol.

• I second Nirvana in Fire, so EPIC. I personally think it had 3-4 episodes (no episode 20) of boring introduction parts, but everything after had gone from good to great to awesome...
  • Secret Forest / Stranger - same crime mystery genre with no supernatural element
  • Hundred Million Stars From The Sky - mystery revenge Japanese drama
  • Misaeng - slice of life office llfe human story, same director as Signal
  • Heartless City - noir genre with underground drug cartel backdrop
  • Girl K - 3 episode drama special with action, mystery and scifi genre
  • Bridal Mask - period melodrama

Thanks! :) will check those out.

Pied Piper - maybe not as great as signal, but it has a good pacing

I haven't watched Signal yet, but Ouroboros and Maou (Japanese version of the Korean drama named ''Lucifer'') are great. 

White Christmas is also great 

Cricle

Liar game

Dr.jin (japenses version)

Hello monster

From the dramas I saw, none so far. But When A Snail Falls in Love was a close call for me.

Mistress - don't read anything just dive in and enjoy....be careful or you'll fall off ur seat bc suspense

• Maou
  • Voice
  • Hello Monster
  • Forest of Secrets 
  • Kazoku Game
  • Ryusei no Kizuna

I loved Signal, I still don't think I've found a drama on the same level as it though :(  but on the top of my head there's.... 

Life on Mars -  that is currently airing. It's a remake of a British drama, and it gets better towards the end of episode 1. 

Voice - is also one that gets you off the edge of your seat, but it's more grittier so it wasn't my favourite but others loved it. 

Forest of Secrets/Stranger is amazing as well :)