Hi everyone!

I've been kind of MIA for the past 10 months and while I tried to keep up with upcoming titles during that time, I got kinda lost. Now I am back but i have no idea what to watch! 

Can you recommend me some HYPED/TOP k-dramas of the past year? I did search on the MDL the "Top Shows/Most Popular Shows" and read synopses of dramas that were listed  but I would be grateful if you could write few reasons why you think the drama is worth of watching. Furthermore, I would appreciate if you could rec some upcoming dramas you are looking forward to!

Any genre is fine (although i'm not very keen on watching crime-fighting/police dramas). Also, my drama list is a bit of mess right now so you dont need to check if the drama you want to rec is there or not :)

Thank you all for your suggestions ♥ :)

In my honest opinion, the past number of months have been largely lacking in the amount of dramas that have really caught my interest personally, but from what I can tell, the most popularly talked about dramas (I haven't watched so I can't really give any reasons of my own) were:

• My Mister
  • Something in the Rain
  • What's Wrong With Secretary Kim
  • Are You Human Too
  • Come and Hug Me

Ones that I've personally seen and enjoyed have been:

• Lawless Attorney: I know you mentioned not being fond of crime fighting dramas but this is (as the title suggests) more law-centric and minimal police focus, even though there's action and fight scenes too. The chemistry is great (though romance is not the main focus) and it's a fast paced, relatively funny, and an all-round pretty solid drama that managed to consistently hold my interest throughout. Shameless plug, but I also wrote an article on it here too which goes into more detail.

Time is the only drama that springs to mind out of ones I'm looking forward to airing

@neo thank you for your answer! I actually felt same but i thought that i kinda missed something :D. Either these dramas didnt catch my attention or they all felt very  similar to each other.

I thought about trying Lawless attorney! I'll definitelly check out your article :)

Same, I recently started watching k-dramas after being MIA for a while.

Here are the dramas I don't recommend:

• Something in the Rain - it was too slow and boring
  • What's Wrong with Secretary Kim - the first 2 eps were good but the drama was too cliched. I don't mind cliches, but this was just bad..  i also don't think the main leads look good together.

My recommendations:

• Go Back Couple - nostalgic drama with good romance, comedy and friendships. it will make you laugh and cry a lot! it's about a recently divorced couple who goes back in time and relive their life as a college student. they meet again for the first time, but will they fall in love again? :D
  • While You Were Sleeping - it has a unique plot about a girl who can foresee unfortunate events in her dreams and a guy, who's a prosecutor, who tries to stop these from happening. It stars Lee Jong Suk and Suzy - I think they both acted well in this and had good chemistry.
  • Strong Woman Do Bong Soon - super fluffy drama! I don't think I've ever seen a guy so in love like Park Hyung Sik! Park Hyung Sik is plays a typical, spoiled CEO and Park Bo Young is a petite girl with superhuman strength who works for him. This drama is so cute and funny.
  • Are You Human Too - this is my favorite airing drama!!! the leads have so much chemistry. and Seo Kang Joon is so beautiful *__* His character is literally perfect because he's a robot and this drama will make you realize how much humans suck lol. the plot is so unique and there are so many plot twists that will blow your mind.