Hi

I'm tired of all those dramas where the leads are like super hot and it focuses so much on their appearance. Do you know any dramas (romance, comedy or anything, but I don't like mystery and dark stuff) with really GREAT acting?

Thanks

The first two dramas that come to mind with great performances and almost no focus on looks are Just Between Lovers and My Mister. JBL is a bit melo and My Mister is a bit dark / depressing in some places, although both are uplifting I think. Thirty But Seventeen, Live Up to Your Name, Bromance, and Coffee Prince are also worth trying. Coffee Prince is a bit dated and has some slow moments (that can easily be skipped), but IMO the performance is really worth it.

Lara -:

Hi

I'm tired of all those dramas where the leads are like super hot and it focuses so much on their appearance. Do you know any dramas (romance, comedy or anything, but I don't like mystery and dark stuff) with really GREAT acting?

Thanks

An old drama, but one I highly recommend: Ruler of Your Own World.  It's tropey but somewhow didn't feel melodramatic or convoluted at all, thanks to the script and the actors' performance. Despite the difficulties that the characters must go through, I found it very life-affirming, to be honest.

The male lead, actor Yang Dong-geun, is literally plain-looking, not a handsome guy made unattractive by weird get-up. (I doubt someone as ordinary-looking as him would be cast a romantic lead in a drama these days. I find him very charming, though.) The female lead, played by Lee Na-Young, is tomboyish and girl-next-door pretty rather than drop-dead gorgeous.

@AH and @kura2ninja : thanks a lot :) I'll give it a try :)

Ok so I have some actors that are not necessarily "ugly" but do not have typical flower boy idol look (but i still find them pretty handsome) (though i'm not sure if this is what you are looking for)

Lee Min Ki in Because This Is My First Life

Seo In Guk in Reply 1997 (honestly, i find adult SIG really handsome but when he was younger he wasnt this hot. hes still cute though)

Ryu Joon Yeol in Reply 1988 (i think hes very handsome but has different bone structure which makes him look different so there is that...)

Lee Dong Hwi  in Drama Special Season 7: The Red Teacher (this is just really good drama special lol)

Yoo Ah In in Chicago Typewriter (idk his aesthe in the drama just wasnt my thing)

But if you are looking for "older" renowed actor, check out Ma Dong Seok - i think he's very good but does mainly crime dramas

+1 My Mister

@Salty_bae thanks so much! I'll have a look at those. Definitely loved my Mister :)